Archived Not being a team player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes are happening TLs are moving around. My soon to be former TL sat me down Sunday and told me I need to stop doing the BCODE, pro and meat back stock and allow the BR team to do their job and I need to become more active on the SF, doing my tasks and helping the new TL with sales planners. I was also told I need to be in good communication with my new TL.

Tuesday rolls in and I pushed the pro and meat pallets although it is supposed to be done by the FT. I did bcode and get it neat on the rack. I then spoke to my new TL about the backstock that needs to be done before I can do my order and that I was not supposed to do it according to the STL and my former TL. I told him that it would need to be done by the time I get back from lunch so that I can do a proper order.

I got back from lunch and I was told that there was no one to do it and I needed to. I did. It had to be done.

Today my former TL came to me and told me that a fellow TM heard my conversation with new TL. And she texted, questioning everything I said to new TL to former TL. Pretty much tattling on me. I was even showed the texts. It made me mad but at the same time I was glad I was shown. But again it makes me mad. WTH

Okay I just needed to vent.

Totally understand the venting.

Not so sure about the tattling part.
My take on it ...
The current TL hasn't been doing the job long enough to know if what you told her was true and needed to find out from your former boss.
(Of course she isn't going to take your work for it, that would be too much trust.)
But give her points for trying to communicate and not automatically disbelieving you.

It was not the new TL that texted the former TL, I would not care about that. It was a TM that heard me talking to new TL that texted the former TL. She must have been standing in the next aisle.

It was not the new TL that texted the former TL, I would not care about that. It was a TM that heard me talking to new TL that texted the former TL. She must have been standing in the next aisle.

Sorry missed that.
Have to agree with go ahead on that one.

That's too bad about the situation.

That said, do the best you can-stay adaptable ( within reason, of course ), work as hard and as smart as you can, and try your best to take the rest in stride.

There is usually someone in every workplace who wants to get a little bit extra with it, be it to deflect attention away from their poor performance or attendance, as an effort to get in good with leadership or co-workers that they think have some kind of pwer or influence, or just to make themselves feel better about themselves and their places in life.

Looks like you've found yours-hopefully they will move on to a more worthy cause soon...

I wonder what would happen if an anonymous letter made it to HR and explained that the TM was texting a TL about work/gossip.

I wonder what would happen if an anonymous letter made it to HR and explained that the TM was texting a TL about work/gossip.

I'm guessing not much. I don't put much hope in things changing and although I like my HR I don't have much confidence in others listening when HR is so much younger than the TL. I also would not do it because I don't want to get TL in trouble although again I doubt that would happen. BTW Marie is dating a different TL, not Ray. She is also friends with both TLs Ray and Kelly outside work. Life is fun at work :sarcastic3:

wow sounds like tms and tls might be a little petty. ive received text before about work . one time I was closing and the tl i was supposed to close with called of. There was a big bonfire that night I wasnt going to go to but someone from the bonfire and said guess whos here! it was him I was so mad i showed up and got right in his face... SOOOO your too sick to come to work huh Travis?? of course i didnt narc on him i was just a little miffed that he called off on a closing shift . everyone knows how much it sucks to be down a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back