Archived Not enough time to clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in the produce section of target and every time I attempt to do my task of cleaning various areas im interrupted with cashiering or helping a guest or coworker and sometimes being asked to stop what im doing. Can anyone relate to this and what do I do about it.

Well. The other day I was taking a stroll through seasonal, and let me tell you. Shit was all over the floor, the gondolas were emptier than the brains of Walmart cashiers, 4 carts full of returns, and 1 TM who had the look of "fuck my life" on their face to clean it all.

Mini seasonal yesterday completely empty with pallets in the back of candy, pallets of toys that they were pushing cause no toy team this year.

Oh you meant market? I can't open the milk coolers cause the stench of sour milk just belts you in the face when you open a door.

Mini seasonal yesterday completely empty with pallets in the back of candy, pallets of toys that they were pushing cause no toy team this year.
Oh you meant market? I can't open the milk coolers cause the stench of sour milk just belts you in the face when you open a door.
Mask that stench with a good air freshener like the ones in the bathrooms. Ask cart attendant for one

Do you job. Do it to the best of your ability during your entire shift.

When your shift is over, you leave.

It is not your job to care about the performance of the store. You don't get bonuses for sales/profits/etc.

If something did not get done or cleaned, that is Target's fault. Target could hire additional staff to cover the registers and guests. Target could allow more hours for additional staff to cover the registers and guests.

When the call for backup cashiers happens, it shows that Target did not allow more hours to cover the registers. If that means the sales floor or back room falls behind, that is Target's fault.

If someone is scheduled to zone and help customers in a specific area, that is what they should do. They shouldn't be expected to cover the registers.

Target can either pay more cashiers or allow customers to stand in longer lines. Or LODs/TLs/GSTL/ETL could get off their asses and get on a register for a few minutes until the lines disappear.

Also, it is not your fault if the area your are assigned to is in poor condition when you start your shift. If previous shifts failed to do their job, that will impact your ability to complete your job.

Mask that stench with a good air freshener like the ones in the bathrooms. Ask cart attendant for one

I do my job and go home.. Can't really care anymore. This 4th quarter was cluster fuck of the highest order. I was embarrassed to be employed there with the empty shelves and almost no way to fix it. I knew what I could do to fix some of it, but was given neither the time or tools to do so. Others said they had it under control when they didn't but they sure racked up the overtime to have both toys and mini seasonal empty and having sales walk out the door.

I do my job and go home.. Can't really care anymore. This 4th quarter was cluster fuck of the highest order. I was embarrassed to be employed there with the empty shelves and almost no way to fix it. I knew what I could do to fix some of it, but was given neither the time or tools to do so. Others said they had it under control when they didn't but they sure racked up the overtime to have both toys and mini seasonal empty and having sales walk out the door.

Absolutely.

I saw many incompetent employees get overtime last week. Those employees are the ones who don't zone, don't clean, don't reshop, always chatting, always stretching their paid 15 minute breaks to 20-25+ minutes, and always in an area of the store they are not assigned to and have no reason to be in.

I saw many examples of stock that should have been out of the backroom and put on the shelves which were not. A couple times I alerted a LOD and asked if I could bring the stock out and fill the pegs/shelves. Every time I was told it would be taken care of but never was. After having that occur a couple times, I stopped caring.

There were many toys that there were cases of them in the back which never got put out on the pegs/shelves. Popular, brand name toys that every customer would know what they were. Toys that would have easily sold.

If the store's management didn't care enough to bring out those toys, why should I? Cases of toys that were received weeks ago and pegs/shelves that were empty for weeks, if not longer.

A couple times I just put out the cases of toys without asking just because I knew those toys should be put out. Every one of those toys were sold.

Every time a customer asked for a toy that was only in the back room, I always brought out as many as I could carry. One for the customer who asked and extras for the other customers in the future.

If the store didn't reach the sales goals, it may be because the toy shelves were empty but there were sealed cases of toys in the back.

I always feel kinda bad as a cashier when we go into clusterfuck mode, but then I get bitchy guests yelling at me like it's my fault and I'm thinking: "It's not my fault that there aren't enough bodies up here or we pull someone who only works the lanes maybe 2x a year." Or the guest that comes to the lane and yells at me because we're out of air filters...

We must have done pretty well....

Our toy stock in the backroom is nearly 100% empty. We sold through almost all of our seasonal christmas shit too...ETLs worked their asses off this past month ensuring toys were constantly being man caffed or if necessary locu'd to fill. Must have been all those visits we got recently.

Our stockroom took a big hit but only for a few weeks and the ETLs had it empty again. Out of the hundreds of trees we got, maybe only 30 left if that.. when it comes to making sales it really boils down to how hard the ETLs work in a lot of cases im learning. Good luck to you all and may your stockroom recover.

No time to clean we have s FDC truck today of 1950 pieces it's the biggest ever About 20 pallets. So who has time to clean when food keeps coming in and so much of it you can barley squeeze it in the coolers.

Absolutely.

I saw many incompetent employees get overtime last week. Those employees are the ones who don't zone, don't clean, don't reshop, always chatting, always stretching their paid 15 minute breaks to 20-25+ minutes, and always in an area of the store they are not assigned to and have no reason to be in.

I saw many examples of stock that should have been out of the backroom and put on the shelves which were not. A couple times I alerted a LOD and asked if I could bring the stock out and fill the pegs/shelves. Every time I was told it would be taken care of but never was. After having that occur a couple times, I stopped caring.

There were many toys that there were cases of them in the back which never got put out on the pegs/shelves. Popular, brand name toys that every customer would know what they were. Toys that would have easily sold.

If the store's management didn't care enough to bring out those toys, why should I? Cases of toys that were received weeks ago and pegs/shelves that were empty for weeks, if not longer.

A couple times I just put out the cases of toys without asking just because I knew those toys should be put out. Every one of those toys were sold.

Every time a customer asked for a toy that was only in the back room, I always brought out as many as I could carry. One for the customer who asked and extras for the other customers in the future.

If the store didn't reach the sales goals, it may be because the toy shelves were empty but there were sealed cases of toys in the back.

We couldn't even pull them out of the backroom not located so scanning didn't fill shit. Cause they never bothered to locate them, fine. Then you make sure you have a couple people overnight doing PTM to get that shit out of the back. But nope they were all pulled to push the cluster of the massive seasonal drop that the DC slammed us with. And double trucks that never got finished, more floating stock. Hell single trucks couldn't be finished and they even took away the C&S push from them to give overnight a cushion to get the gen merch caught up.. Nope..

In-Stocks would get two people for the day and immediately one goes to pricing or never ending back up leaving the other to finish the Rigs before also joining the never ending cashiering.

No time to clean we have s FDC truck today of 1950 pieces it's the biggest ever About 20 pallets. So who has time to clean when food keeps coming in and so much of it you can barley squeeze it in the coolers.
What the actual fuck...

Jesus fucking Christ and I thought my 500 piece FDC was a killer...

Our potato table has enough dirt on it to farm worms. Wet rack has moss growing underneath it.

Don't care, too much!

Dry rack in my store. Some market district person said to turn off the misters, and use the portable tank (the one used for flowers throughout the year) to do it.

First off, non filtered water in a non treated steel tank.
Second, someone is utterly clueless.

Dry rack in my store. Some market district person said to turn off the misters, and use the portable tank (the one used for flowers throughout the year) to do it.

Steritech would so approve of that cheap ass, unsafe move..

In our current situation, our lazy as fuck PMT says the misters cant be fixed. They get clogged because the city has 'hard water.' Being part time, when I do come in, the wet rack is dry as could be. The parsley is so wilted. It's amazing this stuff flies during the week.

The rest is pure understaffing and taking hours away from my departments to do other critical things, like SFS, backroom, and cashiering. Coincidentally, none of those departments help out when we're behind. Funny how that works.

In our current situation, our lazy as fuck PMT says the misters cant be fixed. They get clogged because the city has 'hard water.' Being part time, when I do come in, the wet rack is dry as could be. The parsley is so wilted. It's amazing this stuff flies during the week.

The rest is pure understaffing and taking hours away from my departments to do other critical things, like SFS, backroom, and cashiering. Coincidentally, none of those departments help out when we're behind. Funny how that works.

I can tell you when your backroom is fucked everyone is fucked. Let them keep that running right.. Trust me.. It may suck on your end but it can be so much worse.

And hard water can be fixed with a water softener, but that costs money that won't be spent cause no one has actually done the math on how much you throw away vs what a filter/softener would cost. In typical spot fashion step over dollars to pick up pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back