Archived Not getting hours!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in development for over a week now and I'm still not getting the hours I should be getting.im at 20 hrs the next two weeks and I'm not getting a chance to run my team,what should I do?

hours are crap allover, i just try and pickup every shift i can, sucks that i have to go in every day to check the swap board though :/

I was told today that my store will be hiring something like 30 people for seasonal. Really? 30 people and I'm still sitting at 30 hours.

I was told today that my store will be hiring something like 30 people for seasonal. Really? 30 people and I'm still sitting at 30 hours.

we just hired like 8-9 truck people, and are looking to hire 10-15 seasonals :/ such a joke, just give me the darn hours and i will actually do work

That is so they can only give you 20 hours during christmas. Happy Holidays!

Reading threads like this confuses me so much because I never have issues getting hours. I just did the math on my paycheck and so far this year I am averaging 37.5 hours per week.

I agree I find or am now scheduled 40hrs a week via multiple diff work centers but it also took me almost 6 months of asking to be fully trained throughout the store

Then also this past week they tried to cut ALL truck people to 2 4 hour truck shifts a week on a 4 truck day week sat's was canceled and last sat resulted in a hellacious double this past Monday I myself ended up due to being cross trained picked up enough hours to hit 40 while most other truck people got bout 25 after only being scheduled 2 truck days then them calling everybody in for mondays truck

The leaders are attempting to finish more freight in the same amount of time, or ideally less. In order to make this happen they need a large team. The good news for you is that seasonal hires are not guaranteed any hours so you shouldn't be losing hours to them. Making the store guest ready during the holidays takes priority over the number of hours you're getting, unfortunately. And with 4am and 6am processes this means more people. Ideally you won't lose hours but I certainly wouldn't expect to gain hours during the holidays.

At my store, we're looking to bring in 20 seasonal cashiers. I'll bet anything they're gonna be getting 30-39.75 hours each week while the rest of us are lucky to get 20. That's how it was last year.

. I just did the math on my paycheck and so far this year I am averaging 37.5 hours per week.

Your average weekly hours (by month) is listed on your paycheck. Look there and save yourself from having to do the math.

You have that backwards...Actually do work, and you will get the hours.

That doesn't always work. Often, ETLs have favorites who they'll go to when shifts need to be filled or they'll go to when they need to let part of the team go home and keep a few to finish up. There are only so many hours to give out and ETLs will take care of their favorites before considering the rest of the team.

If you need more hours, talk to your ETL and ask them if there's anything you need to do, like open up a specific day or time of day or even look at cross-training.

Your average weekly hours (by month) is listed on your paycheck. Look there and save yourself from having to do the math.
Thanks Pell, that's nifty. I wish it showed yearly as well because it's more interesting to me. :wacko:
Point I was making though was for the entire year so far, that's been my average. Even through the slow seasons I was consistently sitting around 40 hours.

I've been in development for over a week now and I'm still not getting the hours I should be getting.im at 20 hrs the next two weeks and I'm not getting a chance to run my team,what should I do?

Yeah I just got the schedule for 21-27 and I only have 12 hours. WTF Target? I need this money to LIVE OFF OF, pay rent and buy food... otherwise why am I here? I, too, will try and steal cashier shifts as soon as they pop up.

With school, I'm getting enough hours (and a bit more) than I need, but I have noticed our swap board has nearly dried up lately.

We were so tight on hours a couple of weeks ago that we were told that if there were any call offs that they weren't going to call people in to cover the hours. Thankfully this practice only lasted a little while.

Of course, one thing that my store seems to do is schedule shifts that are short and only give some TMs 10-15 hours. They know that for people who need the hours won't call off as much since their work schedule has such few hours. Short shifts and short hours really does effect call offs.....there are a lot less people calling off.

Sometimes in order to get more hours you have to continually talk to your ETL and HR. If you annoy them enough AND pick--up extra shifts to show them that you are serious about wanting or needing extra hours, then you might get lucky and get the hours. It doesn't help when people complain about hours and then don't show up for the shifts.

In my situation I talked to my GE-ETL and complained about getting 20 hours...then the hours changed for awhile...and then went down again. After 3 GE-ETL talks and then mentioning that I'd got to the STL if I kept getting screwed on hours, they've kept me around 30 a week. Now the GE-ETL that I had at the time is now an STL at another store. I was lucky, my GE-ETL kept fighting for me so that my hours would go up.....but every few months the hours would go down....that's why I had to talk to my GE-ETL so many times. My hours have stayed pretty good for about 9 months. Hopefully they will continue to be good.

You know the ETLs have the power (and target corporate has the money) to basically schedule every store employee 40 hours, right? Here's the depressing truth: target rewards ETLs for saving corporate pay and benefits expenses, simple as that. Your ETL-HR gets a bonus for getting people kicked off the health insurance, etc. and your store management (ETL-Log, ge, softlines, hardlines) gets a bonus for cutting as much labor as possible. Most managers will S a balance between getting things done and pumping up their bonus. But I remember a ETL-HL who scheduled as little labor as possible (he even left the electronics register empty for a few hours each weekday morning) to get a bigger bonus. Yet, I've also heard of ETL-Logs who would just use as much labor as they needed to get the job done, regardless of what the STL told him. So remember, while they will always say "I only have so many hours to give out", that's mostly a lie to keep their own pockets filled.

I don't even know how many they want to hire for seasonal for our store. I hope it's not much honestly. I'm not getting any hours. I'm in school so that's not helping my availability, but I got 11 hours last week and this week I have 9. Like whats the point? I left my last job from the lack of hours. :/ Hopefully I can pick up some shifts or something.

We're so tight on hrs that the time clock screams when you clock in.

I always get 40 hours. I find this is the trick behind getting 40 a week. They usually schedule me for around 30. Then it's just a simple matter of which day(s) they call me in because of a call off. They always leave you with some room for such an event so they can call you in if need be. It's smart on the part of the company but sucks for you if you want 40 hours because you never know when or where that call is going to come from....... I just bought a new car too so I need my hours so any openings I jump at them... Bills don't pay themselves unfortunately........

That doesn't always work. Often, ETLs have favorites who they'll go to when shifts need to be filled or they'll go to when they need to let part of the team go home and keep a few to finish up. There are only so many hours to give out and ETLs will take care of their favorites before considering the rest of the team.

If you need more hours, talk to your ETL and ask them if there's anything you need to do, like open up a specific day or time of day or even look at cross-training.

Are you sure these "favorites" aren't just reliable people that can be counted on to get the job done?

Are you sure these "favorites" aren't just reliable people that can be counted on to get the job done?

I have to agree,I have been back with target for a year now,my main center is flow,( 15 hrs a week) ,but I was always available to stay later,and come on my day off.I also was willing to take any shift,I am the one who they can call at 4 am because someone from plano called out !
So here we are ,1 year later,and i am scheduled 35 hrs plus every week ,wprking monday to friday til 3 pm ! ( 3 different centers,and stl asked me to make my own schedule ! ) ,did she play favorite ? So what,I work my butt off ! I never called in ! Spent nights in the Er with my kids ,and still came to work at 5 am !!! I am always on time !
Lots of tms who have been with target for years are still averaging 15 hrs,and complain about it.but they call in often,they never stayed after their shifts...and never answer their phone on their day off...and as soon as they get the sniffles ,they don't show up !!!

I have to agree,I have been back with target for a year now,my main center is flow,( 15 hrs a week) ,but I was always available to stay later,and come on my day off.I also was willing to take any shift,I am the one who they can call at 4 am because someone from plano called out !
So here we are ,1 year later,and i am scheduled 35 hrs plus every week ,wprking monday to friday til 3 pm ! ( 3 different centers,and stl asked me to make my own schedule ! ) ,did she play favorite ? So what,I work my butt off ! I never called in ! Spent nights in the Er with my kids ,and still came to work at 5 am !!! I am always on time !
Lots of tms who have been with target for years are still averaging 15 hrs,and complain about it.but they call in often,they never stayed after their shifts...and never answer their phone on their day off...and as soon as they get the sniffles ,they don't show up !!!
<This!!

You hit it right on. I am sick and tired of hearing the complaining, but these same team members want to be scheduled, and if their not, they don't want to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back