Archived Not on File Merchandise?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online only should be defected at point of return.

At my store, we put "Online Item" stickers on such items if they're still sellable rather than defecting them. "Online Item" stickers have a barcode on them, similar to Repackage and As Is stickers.

I talked to our pricing team leader today and asked if I could learn how to process NOF merch and she said that I should just wait on processing this particular game that was coming up NOF. Is there anyone on the site who would be willing to try to walk me through a NOF processing? Thanks in advance! We just got a memo from our DTL about how to handle items that come up N/A for on-hands, for such occurrences we are told to use SIM to reticket the merch as is, is anyone else doing this? j/w

There are 2 different ways to process NOF merchandise:
1) drop it into the system using the UPC Maintenance menu which is found under the Pricing Menu of Store Applications on the Label and Signing computer in which it is an item which the store sells, but the DPCI wasn't tied correctly to the UPC (which happens a lot with assortment items and this year Valentines and Easter merchandise. All you need is to type in the DPCI if there is a label or if it is printed on the item itself, then type in the corresponding UPC hit F4 and then it is added to the system.

2) use the SIM function under All Applications, scan the product, accept the price (if one is given) enter the quantity of tickets needed (you can only print out 10 tickets at a time), then enter the O'Neil Printer (portable printer) ID number (make sure there are clearance tickets in there) and you are good to go. If a price is not suggested, and you do not sell that item in the store, then you use the same SIM process, find an item similar to what you have, enter the Department and Class number, then enter the estimated original price, accept the new price, then print the ticket.

When printing the tickets using SIM remember to place the price on the product just like you would a clearane ticket (upper don't hand corner of merchandise) and using a black marker, cross out the original UPC so that that barcode cannot be scanned.

There are 2 different ways to process NOF merchandise:
1) drop it into the system using the UPC Maintenance menu which is found under the Pricing Menu of Store Applications on the Label and Signing computer in which it is an item which the store sells, but the DPCI wasn't tied correctly to the UPC (which happens a lot with assortment items and this year Valentines and Easter merchandise. All you need is to type in the DPCI if there is a label or if it is printed on the item itself, then type in the corresponding UPC hit F4 and then it is added to the system.

2) use the SIM function under All Applications, scan the product, accept the price (if one is given) enter the quantity of tickets needed (you can only print out 10 tickets at a time), then enter the O'Neil Printer (portable printer) ID number (make sure there are clearance tickets in there) and you are good to go. If a price is not suggested, and you do not sell that item in the store, then you use the same SIM process, find an item similar to what you have, enter the Department and Class number, then enter the estimated original price, accept the new price, then print the ticket.

When printing the tickets using SIM remember to place the price on the product just like you would a clearane ticket (upper don't hand corner of merchandise) and using a black marker, cross out the original UPC so that that barcode cannot be scanned.

Did you know that DPCI maintenance actually counts against stores shortage? I didn't know that until a few months ago when our ETL was barking up a storm about being red!

Did you know that DPCI maintenance actually counts against stores shortage? I didn't know that until a few months ago when our ETL was barking up a storm about being red!

Can you elaborate on that?

"using a black marker, cross out the original UPC so that that barcode cannot be scanned."

Excellent reminder. This step is often forgotten. I usually cover the barcode with a blank sticker because I've found the black marked barcodes can sometimes be scanned anyway.

I did know that, but UPC maintenance does not count against you on shortage indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back