Archived Not sure where I stand now that the holidays are over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. So I'm a seasonal backroom TM that was hired in mid-October. Tbh my stint has been pretty rough due to my ocd that makes me pretty bad with novelty/change/spontaneity + bad management + the general chaos of the holidays. There's been a lot of mistakes on my part, but I also think I'm well-liked and I do give the job my all, unlike many other TMs.

I keep hearing that all the seasonal TMs were already talked to about being let go. Nobody has talked to me yet, which kinda seems like a good sign, except I'm not on the schedule for the next two weeks. The last day I worked (Dec. 30th), neither of my direct leads were there, so I really have no idea where I stand.

I know you guys can't read the minds of my management but I was just wondering what you more experienced TMs make of this?

I hate to say it but it's kind of a bad sign that they haven't scheduled you. Stores are required to give retained team members minimum one shift a week. I have a feeling a leader was supposed to talk to you and never got around to it.

What I would suggest is approaching your team lead and letting them know you want to stay, are willing to learn and don't mind that there aren't a lot of hours right now. Let them know you're willing to be on call.

Thanks for your post, I hope it works out for you.

I hate to say it but it's kind of a bad sign that they haven't scheduled you. Stores are required to give retained team members minimum one shift a week. I have a feeling a leader was supposed to talk to you and never got around to it.

What I would suggest is approaching your team lead and letting them know you want to stay, are willing to learn and don't mind that there aren't a lot of hours right now. Let them know you're willing to be on call.

Thanks for your post, I hope it works out for you.

Welp it was fun then. Thanks for the insight & the well-wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back