Archived NSM Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing that they are bringing back an emphasis on the E's of Excellence. Basket size will become a metric. (Average dollar amount of purchases made by a single guest - how much is in their basket) They already keep track of it, so now we'll be graded on it.

oh good. suddenly my shift to ap seems like the best decision i've made in a while

Basket size will become a metric. (Average dollar amount of purchases made by a single guest - how much is in their basket) They already keep track of it, so now we'll be graded on it.

Have any stores other than mine been forcing "$1.64" down everyone's throats?
Increasing basket size to increase company wide sales.
The E's are Engage, Educate, Sell.
And "Get Appy" is the next roll out.
*Gag* why can't any of this be presented in an adult, non-kindergarten/cartoon style? Target needs to just communicate with its team like the adult people they are.

Basket size will become a metric. (Average dollar amount of purchases made by a single guest - how much is in their basket) They already keep track of it, so now we'll be graded on it.

Increasing basket size to increase company wide sales.
The E's are Engage, Educate, Sell.
And "Get Appy" is the next roll out.
*Gag* why can't any of this be presented in an adult, non-kindergarten/cartoon style? Target needs to just communicate with its team like the adult people they are.

Would stores not need people on the floor for this? When I shop I never see anybody outside of the front lanes, electronics and sometimes in P-fresh.

Please spill!

We've been told that if the average basket size increased by $1.64, it would eliminate our sales deficit. I'm not sure if they were talking about the whole company or just our store.

When I worked at Borders they had bins of Linder truffles at the cash registers and we were told to try and sell a dollars worth of truffles to every customer.
Didn't matter if the customer was allergic to chocolate or already buying 20$ worth.
Every customer for that extra dollar.
The funny part was when they discovered that the heat from the vents on the cash registers were melting the chocolates.

Last edited:
um...wouldn't actually having stuff on the shelves that people are looking to buy increase basket size? I have started going to Shop-Rite for food because my Target is always out of stuff. Used to spend $150 a week easy. Now there are weeks I don't buy anything because I'd rather spend a little more and be assured that I will be able to get everything I need in one trip. And since I am no longer an employee, I have said this in a survey. I doubt anyone is listening.

ShopRite is usually cheaper than Target on everything anyway. Ok, not everything. But many things.

I know for the service desk we are now suppose to try and put their returns on a giftcard instead of however else they paid and keep track of each that you convert. I actually started doing this on friday and almost every single person took the giftcard instead of back on their card. We are also suppose to start telling guests the weekly wow, good sales, and clearance to drive sales. At first I was annoyed but after being up at the service desk myself doing this it wasn't bad at all.

I know for the service desk we are now suppose to try and put their returns on a giftcard instead of however else they paid and keep track of each that you convert. I actually started doing this on friday and almost every single person took the giftcard instead of back on their card. We are also suppose to start telling guests the weekly wow, good sales, and clearance to drive sales. At first I was annoyed but after being up at the service desk myself doing this it wasn't bad at all.
News to me & I do backup at gs. But, I do talk about clearance stuff.

ShopRite is usually cheaper than Target on everything anyway. Ok, not everything. But many things.

You are correct but it is a farther drive and I hate the parking lot. When we 1st went pfresh many people in my area were ecstatic because they wouln't have to deal with the SR parking lot. Week after week of being out of stuff has driven them back to SR. I honestly do not understand why Target doesn't get the correlation between having stuff on the shelves and sales. Such morons.

As dealing with clearance has been my life the past few weeks, I've ended up mentioning it to guests all the time. "Hey, check out the clearance backpacks, school supplies, lunch boxes, patio furniture!" I'm sick of clearance! -_-

As dealing with clearance has been my life the past few weeks, I've ended up mentioning it to guests all the time. "Hey, check out the clearance backpacks, school supplies, lunch boxes, patio furniture!" I'm sick of clearance! -_-

The endless sea of body pillows in ugly colors. I do agree with you this year.

Insiteful, any hints?

Nothing too big this year. BP restructuring around food and AP, but that wasn't really a secret. Other than that it was mainly a technology conference. LOTS of new technology that Target has been testing. Voice activated backroom pulling....pretty cool. New registers/updates. Different uses of LCD screens around the store, for instance, using them as mirrors in the fitting room where you can then virtually "try on" different articles of clothing. Spot is spending 1.5 billion on technology next year. Some of it useful and some of it gimmicky, so we will see what actually gets rolled out and what doesn't.

I wish we'd had more patio furniture. We were out of it before the actual season began and the only clearance is a couple of jelly chairs, some random cushions that don't match and a table that has no chairs. Of course, if we had been stocked with as much as guests have been asking for it would all be clearance! lol

I wish we'd had more patio furniture. We were out of it before the actual season began and the only clearance is a couple of jelly chairs, some random cushions that don't match and a table that has no chairs. Of course, if we had been stocked with as much as guests have been asking for it would all be clearance! lol
Our patio inventory was low too.

I have my theories about some changes especially in light of us learning yesterday that as of Friday our STL is moving on up. I have a feeling that while she was covering for maternity leave at another store that we were secretly a test store for shared STL in ULV stores.

I have my theories about some changes especially in light of us learning yesterday that as of Friday our STL is moving on up. I have a feeling that while she was covering for maternity leave at another store that we were secretly a test store for shared STL in ULV stores.

We're a B volume store and haven't had an STL for 2 months... and things are going surprisingly well! I never thought of the possibility that we could be a test for something... because I'm pretty sure what happened is sh*t hit the fan and that's how we ended up with no STL. But I'm very proud of my store and how we're doing without one!

We're a B volume store and haven't had an STL for 2 months... and things are going surprisingly well! I never thought of the possibility that we could be a test for something... because I'm pretty sure what happened is sh*t hit the fan and that's how we ended up with no STL. But I'm very proud of my store and how we're doing without one!

We did well too except that during that time we lost our ETL-HR and the new one is a dud.
If you have a strong group of execs, it could work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back