Archived Off the clock or on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! New seasonal here. I know these are really stupid questions and I apologize in advance. Are things like looking at the paper schedule, signing up to take shifts, and requesting time off in EHR supposed to be done on or off the clock? And if on the clock, when? During our 15s? Thanks. It's tough for me to figure everything out because you can get in trouble for not working while on the clock but also for doing what they consider "work" while off the clock.

You can do those off the clock

Hi! New seasonal here. I know these are really stupid questions and I apologize in advance. Are things like looking at the paper schedule, signing up to take shifts, and requesting time off in EHR supposed to be done on or off the clock? And if on the clock, when? During our 15s? Thanks. It's tough for me to figure everything out because you can get in trouble for not working while on the clock but also for doing what they consider "work" while off the clock.
You do those off the clock not on the clock:

Looking at your paper schedule once per week is a requirement of the job. Therefore it is work. You can do that on the clock. Allow yourself a minute or two at the end of your shift, or after a lunch or break to look at it.
That's my argument for checking the schedule. Requesting time off/to cover are not required therefore not work. Off the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back