Archived Oh good god. They are finally turning us in to Best Buy with this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, whatever ETL did that is getting termed once someone above that store finds out. Mobile employees are not allowed to have access to any target system for any reason. That was made crystal clear when they rolled them out. Giving them access to registers is literally a term'able offense.

Pretty sure our DTL knows about it, we get fairly regular visits from him.

Pretty strange.... I am the electronics TL at my store, and it has been made clear to me by several ETLs that they are not supposed to even touch a regular register. (just like we are not supposed to touch anything of theirs) Our ETL-AP even follows them when he is around and sees them go in the backroom. To hear about stores that treat them like TMs is just totally bizarre.

Interesting... what you described is pretty much total opposite in my store, we treat our mobile peeps like one of us. They will even attend huddle on occasion if there is a special promotion going on. Plus, if it's free drink/candy day or whatever we let them get stuff too. I'm pretty sure all the info and whatnot about them using registers is on workbench somewhere.

Maybe there's a regional contract going on but at our store they are not target employees by any means. They may get discounts but that's officially through the contract agreement between Radio Shack and Target. They are not authorized in this area to touch the register or access keys. Our kiosk guys are awesome still, they answer questions and push the cashier assistance button whenever one of us are not around the service desk and a guest is waiting.

Well now it's official:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/12/us-target-design-idUSTRE80B16120120112

25 Target stores in a test pilot. Wonder if mine is gonna be one of them? lol We have no Apple Store in my area. The nearest one is clear down in the next county 30 miles away. My store is already in the pilot for being open till 11pm, and it's the highest volume store in the county (there are two others).

When Target Mobile rolled out to my district last year, our packet of materials said they are to be register trained and they will have a tm number and discount card.

The manager of my store's Target Mobile checks out at my lane all the time and has a discount card. Not sure about his underlings though - I haven't dealt with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back