Archived ok guys what is a coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a team member, a coaching is nothing more than a conversation.

Was the conversation held off stage? Did they explain the expectation you didn't meet, and did they express the impact of not meeting that expectation? Did they let you know the consequences of failing to meet expectations in the future? Were you informed that the conversation would be documented? Best practice says all of these points (and more) should have been touched on in a performance discussion (coaching) but they aren't always. What happened?

What happened was I was about to clock out and and the gstl says wait and then he was talking to someone I wait then he calls for the etl we go to a room close the door and he and she say I heard from the lod you guys had a conversion about 90 days policy last night and we want to check with you about how you don't agree with the 90 day policy about getting cross trained in flow and she said I know you are upset about the other cart attendant getting cross trained and said yes I think I'm better and deserved it more and the etl goes on and days after 90 days we can cross train you and says are you ok about that and says do you want to quit over this I say no and she said we can't be down are only nearly full time cart attendant she looked relived I did not quit we have 2 openings for cart attendant nobody wants it it's been posted for nearly six weeks and I asked if this was a coaching and they both laughed and said no I'm worried I'm getting tired.

That did not sound like a coaching to me. It sounds like they wanted you to know that they will cross train you after 90 days.

If you do your job and are respectful of your peers and leaders, you will not get fired. You will be cross trained.

What happened was I was about to clock out and and the gstl says wait and then he was talking to someone I wait then he calls for the etl we go to a room close the door and he and she say I heard from the lod you guys had a conversion about 90 days policy last night and we want to check with you about how you don't agree with the 90 day policy about getting cross trained in flow and she said I know you are upset about the other cart attendant getting cross trained and said yes I think I'm better and deserved it more and the etl goes on and days after 90 days we can cross train you and says are you ok about that and says do you want to quit over this I say no and she said we can't be down are only nearly full time cart attendant she looked relived I did not quit we have 2 openings for cart attendant nobody wants it it's been posted for nearly six weeks and I asked if this was a coaching and they both laughed and said no I'm worried I'm getting tired.

I had a hard time reading this LOL

Unfortunately this probably also means that they don't plan on cross-training you on flow at all (even after your 90 days).

If you are a great CA, get tons of hours, and there are multiple openings for the position...then they will do what benefits the needs of the store over your preference.

Unfortunately this probably also means that they don't plan on cross-training you on flow at all (even after your 90 days).

If you are a great CA, get tons of hours, and there are multiple openings for the position...then they will do what benefits the needs of the store over your preference.

I agree, cross training is doubtful. Fine line here, but maybe don't do such a great job at CA. Don't do a bad job, but don't do a great one. Spot has a bad habit of locking someone into a position if they're really good at it, even if that person wants to be cross trained or move to another area of the store. Spot does what is best for Spot, even if you're not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back