Archived Ok so hours and seniority

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was wondering so the lady month all of the cart attendants have seen there hours at 30 plus. but mine have stayed at mid low 20.what can I do about it? should I go to the hotline or talk to stl. my etl ge she avoids the question.and the gstl.wants to tell me but avoids to as well.need advice.please and thanks.

Are you bad at your job . Are you fast fun and friendly . Do you answer all the calls on the walkie.

I do all those things.but what gets me is 2 of the cart attendants walk around doing nothing.and then food available and starbucks.always tell me there trash is was bit done.and guest service says there's crc and salvage.and I ask why was it not done and they say we did not see the cart guy and they say you and the other guy always answer you walkies

@antwan5544
I would talk to your hr person. In my store the hr does the all of the front end schedule. You should ask to be trained in other work centers.

I have witnessed seasonals getting 40 hours during the holidays where the 5+ yr vets were only getting 20hours.

Sometimes you just need to talk to your scheduler and HR to let them know you need hours. Cross train. Pick up shifts.

Yeah I was just wondering I have open available.and some of them dont .plus they kiss butt.and I dont

Yeah I was just wondering I have open available.and some of them dont .plus they kiss butt.and I dont
What's your definition of "kissing butt" and what's your definition of "don't"

A lot of people, I've come to find, whenever they state "they don't kiss ass" what they mean is that they're rude to their leaders. Otherwise it's not even worth mentioning whether you do or not

They may be watching to see if the attitude adjustment is going to stick after your rocky start.
Patience, grasshopper. Hours are fixing to pick up soon with BTS, Hallowe'en, etc.
Continue to show your leadership that you're dependable.

They may be watching to see if the attitude adjustment is going to stick after your rocky start.
Patience, grasshopper. Hours are fixing to pick up soon with BTS, Hallowe'en, etc.
Continue to show your leadership that you're dependable.
You know I just remembered this is the same guy posting a thread about "having problems with authority"

That's likely what it is buddy. It's not a matter of kissing ass, it's not even about who does the job better, it's who works with the team better. If you clash with leadership and team members that negatively affects EVERYONE'S productivity. It's more than showing you can be a good cart attendant, you need to prove that you can work effectively with people. If leadership thinks you're not a team player, they won't want you around

Ok I was we'll liked on the front end and that changed. but im still liked by most team leads except front end .its just that when things go wrong with stuff not getting done I'm the fall guy it seems.I think we have decent leadership except front end. It sounds like a rant but just needed advice

Ok I was we'll liked on the front end and that changed. but im still liked by most team leads except front end .its just that when things go wrong with stuff not getting done I'm the fall guy it seems.I think we have decent leadership except front end. It sounds like a rant but just needed advice
Well guess who decides Cart Attendant Schedules...

As far as being the 'fall guy' there's things you can do. As soon as you come in and see the guy before you didn't do something, you communicate it. "Hey, I just got in, and John didn't clean the restrooms, just letting you know." That's all it takes.

GSA/TL's know what cart attendants work when, and usually they know who's to blame

You have to kma at target other wise no hours or they won't like you.

There's a difference between kissing ass and just being a nice person to work with.

There's definitely brown nosers, but smiling to your GSTL, having a quick chat about how your weekend went, and giving a high five when you get a redcard or some other little thing, is that such a bad thing?

After over 18 years with Spot I am here to tell you....that 18 years with Spot doesn't mean crap. Do I get more hours than some? Sure...because I bust my ass each and every day. Show up for my shifts etc etc. How long I have worked with the company has nothing to do with the amount of hours I get.

Learn the art of "every day reset"; leave yesterday's sh*t behind & come in fresh; don't come in looking for reasons to be pissed at anybody from front end.
You're gonna have to work at winning them over, given the rough start.
Does it mean a$$-kissing?
No, more like being the kind of person they WANT to work with rather than HAVE to work with.
You get things done that others leave behind? That's a start. Build on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back