Archived Ok so hours and seniority

Status
Not open for further replies.
i normally would tell the gsa about it but after my start i dont want to sound like a complainner.so i just to my job and thats that and the ge she watchs me like a hawk have the time.you talk about awkward but i think she wants me gone but does not have enough ammo.and im not giving her any.it would be nice to cross train but she keeps saying theres other people ahead of me.but at the same time the other cart atteadents that i have months over are already cross trained and have not reached there 90 yet.i guess i am just bitter i put my self in this postion.

i normally would tell the gsa about it but after my start i dont want to sound like a complainner.so i just to my job and thats that and the ge she watchs me like a hawk have the time.you talk about awkward but i think she wants me gone but does not have enough ammo.and im not giving her any.it would be nice to cross train but she keeps saying theres other people ahead of me.but at the same time the other cart atteadents that i have months over are already cross trained and have not reached there 90 yet.i guess i am just bitter i put my self in this postion.
Being CA is better then cash. Don't have to deal with people that much.

i am on cashier a lot more then carts because we lose cashiers daily any more.i like dealing with the guests there fine except the crazy couponers lol

I like you and i love the way you clap your paws
Us pretty kitties need to stick together

Want seniority? Go work at your local chain grocery store. Chances are they're unionized. When I was at my first job I went from the 3rd column of the seniority list to the 1st within a year due to turnover (Started at 96th, made it to 24th). Got as many hours as I wanted because I was flexible.

Want seniority? Go work at your local chain grocery store. Chances are they're unionized. When I was at my first job I went from the 3rd column of the seniority list to the 1st within a year due to turnover (Started at 96th, made it to 24th). Got as many hours as I wanted because I was flexible.
I work at a union grocery and while the schedule is listed by seniority, most people get a similar amount of hours. The only people who get more are those who are selected to cross train in other departments. And those with limited availability get less hours regardless of seniority.

OP also has open avail & has been taking the shifts that no one else wants.
@antwan5544: Keep doing what you're doing, do your best & hope that you'll wear her down with dependability & hard work.
If not, she may not be there forever & good CAs at my store always got snagged by salesfloor or backroom.

Last edited:
Seniority is, and should be, irrelevant. Long term, be patient and voice that you want more hours. Show your ambition.

I do have open availability.thanks for the advice redeye I will wear her down over ti.email thanks.

update so i chatted with one of the 2 new gstl and she said she will talk with the etl ge for more hours for me.she said she gives me the most of the cart attedants but the ge changes that.

update so i chatted with one of the 2 new gstl and she said she will talk with the etl ge for more hours for me.she said she gives me the most of the cart attedants but the ge changes that.
Well at least now you know where the problem is coming from and who needs to see you working hard.

true but i work my butt of but at the end of the day it may not matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back