Archived Ok this is just getting ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the last 3 schedules posted I have been scheduled 3 shifts outside of my availability. Does Target not use a program that prevents you from scheduling someone when they are not available? I'm not really sure what to do about this because I don't feel like chasing down HR or my ETL each time a schedule is posted.

Target offers it, but it's up to your HR staff to pay attention to it. There are many problems with the company these days, but you'd be surprised how much of it actually is closer to the store level than HQ.

Out of the last 3 schedules posted I have been scheduled 3 shifts outside of my availability. Does Target not use a program that prevents you from scheduling someone when they are not available? I'm not really sure what to do about this because I don't feel like chasing down HR or my ETL each time a schedule is posted.

That happened to me a couple of years ago and my HR just suggested that I resubmit my availability. At one point, my availability got switched to an old one from 6 mos before. It worked. I would try it just in case, even if it means resubmitting the exact same availability that it says you have when you go it.

Ask your HR TM/TL to check your availability. Then, ask them to look at the schedule. Ask for some help in resolving the issue!

The issue is caused by edits by your etl or etl-hr on your schedule. They seem to "forget" the changes to your availability. They can lock it in. But to the shortage of hours, it changes every week. Watch it closely.

I'm sure it "flags" it somehow because I always get a message on MAX when I've been scheduled outside of my availability. Our HR person is the one who sends the notification, but she's not the one who enters the pharmacy schedule so there must be an auto-notification somewhere along the line...I'd check MAX to make sure your availability is correct...

my availability on the comp is fine, but atleast twice a month they schedule me outside it, happens to a handful of other people too, but they do fix it for me everytime

316, from what I've heard, the MAX auto scheduler is very buggy and doesn't always remember availability, so whoever is in charge of making the schedule often has to intervene. I know it gets to be a pain, but you gotta get on your HR about it or else they won't fix it.

Unfortunately there's no box or error message that pops up informing us that we've scheduled someone outside their availability or on a day that they are unavailable. When doing the schedule, we click on a day of the week next to someone's name, and a little box pops up that shows, among other things, what times that person is available that day (or if they are unavailable that day). On that box, this info is below the options to add a shift for that person for that day, delete them from that day, edit that day, and mark them for swap. But those options are the important ones that the schedule writer is looking for. So if they are working at a computer with a small-ish screen, then the availability for that day will actually be out of the screens viewable area, and they might not scroll down because the thing they want to do, (add, remove, edit, swap) is showing.

This assumes the availability is even showing correctly. Needless to say, the system is pretty crappy (we can't swap two shifts for the same person on the same week? Come on, really?).

Had the same problem on the new schedule ,and my etl told me that if I "really "wanted to have the day off on my unavailable day ,I should have put a request for it ! He is the one who made the schedule ! ( flow gets a truck on sat, not usual) ,so no swapping shift !
The thing is ,on the weekend ,my husband works OT ,and one hour OT = 6 hours for me ! ( and he gets paid at least 3 hrs for showing up!) .so this is a no brainer ,I am unavailable on weekends , someone needs to watch the kids !But my etl hr just loves me ,and deleted my shift on that saturday !

The same thing happens at my store as well..It's up to the team members to make some noise and let HR know that it is happening...Just another 'Global' issue at Target...:gamer3:

Haha, funny you mention that. My 19 year old GE EXECUTIVE schedules people outside of their availability EVERY SINGLE WEEK. He simply chooses not to open up the second screen which shows them who is available when. It's pure carelessness.

Haha, funny you mention that. My 19 year old GE EXECUTIVE schedules people outside of their availability EVERY SINGLE WEEK. He simply chooses not to open up the second screen which shows them who is available when. It's pure carelessness.

There is no way he is 19 and an ETL. It takes 4 years to get a bachelors, which is required to be an ETL. He would have had to enter college at age 15, and if he was that smart he wouldn't be working at Target.

There is no way he is 19 and an ETL. It takes 4 years to get a bachelors, which is required to be an ETL. He would have had to enter college at age 15, and if he was that smart he wouldn't be working at Target.

Wasnt there a letter being posted around here about ETL's not needing a Degree or was it Team Leaders.

Wasnt there a letter being posted around here about ETL's not needing a Degree or was it Team Leaders.

Pretty sure it was TLs because there was that "rumor" that Spot was starting to require TLs to have degrees. The letter was a meme.

I made the mistake of mentioning something possibly having to change my availability to my TL. She must've misunderstood because I got the latest schedule and I was scheduled for 1 day....looked at the "preliminary schedule" for the following week and had 2 days, for a total of 10 hours :huh::huh::huh: Meanwhile, the person who calls in/leaves early at least once a week had 34-38 hours both weeks!!! Fortunately, my ETL-Rx went in and "tweaked" both of them so I have more ;)

I honestly don't understand how this can be an issue for this company. It's just having the scheduling software check to see if the team member's availability is good for the week before it accepts it, if not then it shouldn't allow the scheduling unless the ETL approves it.

A similar problem I had for years before they finally fixed it last year......they would schedule me till 11pm on saturday night and then had me coming back at 5a.m sunday morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back