Archived Old Target signs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my grandpa regularly goes to auctions, and happened upon two 60-packs of retail signs. I recognized the packaging right away, it's the same style as end cap headers. One side has "Sale" while the other is a sports team. They're around 7" x 45". Does anyone recognize these or have any information on them?
l2kQWWY
iZZaCoh
Vmb0MuU
SsnyVeb

Don't know if the photos showed up, let's see if this works.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
I've not seen that style. They must be older than circa 2005.

There was a major font change around 2004. We were told to stop using red numbers & use black numbers on endcap headers. Also, check in the corners for the Spot has trademark logo or numbers.
It is a good grab & an easy sale for you or your grandpa.

image.jpg Came across these while throwing out the old 3x5 promo signs. These must be long before my time. I've never used them before. image.jpg

View attachment 773 Came across these while throwing out the old 3x5 promo signs. These must be long before my time. I've never used them before. View attachment 770

Found some of those while cleaning as well!!

On that note, has anyone else noticed the majority of the signs coming in have that 'older' look to them, like they're using helvetica bold rather than helvetica neue? I like it, it stands out and is easier to read from a distance.

Just wanted to throw a "me too" in here.

When we were closing a store, under some base decks in the backroom I found a Sesame Street Colorforms package that was from before UPCs were on all packaging and didn't have Elmo on it yet, so I'm guessing it came from the early eighties.
Also found a package of .22 ammunition, I don't know when Target quit carrying that.

Man.. we still had those plastic sign holders and balloons in our fixture for the longest time. We finally threw it out 2 months ago. LOL

Is there any signs that we are keeping?
How about the rain checks?

I haven't heard abou the rain check pads being discontinued, just basically nobody can be bothered to put them up and scan them in to the PDA.
Rain check pads are supposed to be in all spill stations. Rain/substitute is still in RF to use to do a system generated rain check or you can just do a manual. But as of Feb. 20 stores are no longer required to put up the Out of Stock post it notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back