Archived old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were phasing out the APS position? My understanding is it is not a TL position (that would be APTL), but rather a better paid and slightly different version of TPS.

An APS is like a leadership AP position without actually being a TL. If you look at a grid it says APS/APTL. Think like a PMT kinda whos looked at as a SRTL.

Sr TPS are still around, they are just very rare and only mainly at stores with a large AP section. If you are up to snuff and your ETL, AP BP like you I don't see why not. Let your ETL know you want the position and kindly drop hints so they don't forget. Go as far as telling them you would like them to "mentor" (is the correct word) you so you have a better shot at the position or even AP TL.

Last edited:
It's treated as a TL position, but you can't lateral into the retail side without interviewing where you could as an APTL. It's TL pay and TL privileges without any of the actual authority.

Let your ETL know and status about what you can do to get yourself there. APS slots can be hard to fill depending on how your ETL feels about potential candidates. Your APBP will have some influence but it'll still come down to your ETL and STL to get you that interview. If you can speak to your results as a TPS and if they see you as a leader, I don't see APS being too far off for you. You have the knowledge, you just need to see yourself doing physical surveillance and directing your TPS' when the time comes for apprehensions.

Since they got rid of promotions to SR TPS it's kinda hard to prove yourself these days. I would say make your desires known to your ETL. But also realize that a lot of other TPS's in your district are going to want that spot. You have to consider outside candidates also, but in my experience every APS in my district was promoted internally.

While APS is not actually a TL position it does pay in line with what TLs make. It's actually a paygrade above intro TLs.

I thought they were phasing out the APS position? My understanding is it is not a TL position (that would be APTL), but rather a better paid and slightly different version of TPS.
Not phasing it out. In high risk stores it's still a much needed position.

SR TPS promotions have been eliminated however. This goes with the prevention focus. Senior TPS was never meant to be a position to get apprehensions. It was just meant as a last resort when all other methods fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back