Archived old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your image didn't load....
What's it for? Did it come from a pog?

It's wiring for cameras. This isn't a POG thing. AP related.

Analog PTZs are like dinosaurs at Target. Most older stores got hybrid systems with their remodels which kept analog still shots but replaced the PTZs with digital to work with security desk. My old store had them but had them replaced with digital.

I would get in touch with CSC because to my knowledge there is no SAP number for the analog PTZ wire anymore. I would call during the day when calls go to Minnesota, for some reason Target India thinks every store is full digital and you probably won't get anywhere with them.

Otherwise you might have to contact your APBP to reach out to other stores.

Agreed, get with csc and they can help you.

Might as well just send it back since target is reducing the number of cameras in all stores over the next two years.

They won't take any cameras away; you just won't be able to order more or have any replaced if one breaks.

Agreed, get with csc and they can help you.

Might as well just send it back since target is reducing the number of cameras in all stores over the next two years.
It's on redwire. I read it too. The PDF in the wire says that stores over their limit, will have a camera reduction. Idk what they will do with the extra camera though, seems like more waste to have it just sitting around. We have an extra PTZ in my store just collecting dust...why not use it? Isn't it more of a waste having it in the closet?

I discovered I can use CAT5 as power and data so I'm getting 1000 foot of it. as for camera cuts I would assume they just would not replace them as least I hope I have put up way more than 50 my store has 100 percent coverage 9 analog PTZ 6 digital PTZ anytime I missed something because of camera coverage I would throw up a new shoot. we have two encoder chassis able to support up to 88 analog shots plus we have IP TVS shots so we are absolute overkill I love hybrid stores.
You sound like another store in my district. They recently got a TVS remodel and lost their analog PTZs. But prior to that they were full analog and had like 17 PTZs in their store. They just collected analog PTZs over time from other stores that converted to digital.

yeah unfortunately within this year we are getting the E&E remodel. which will be a disappointment if they take the analogs.
If most of your still shots are analog then you are hybrid, which most likely happened during a full pfresh remodel. They won't convert you to full digital for the foreseeable future.

The store I referenced received a hybrid conversion which sounds like what you have. They just weren't smart enough to keep their analog PTZs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back