Archived OM discussing a TM's preformance with another TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I could use some advice on a situation at my location. I am cross trained into inbound with two other TM's Here lately, only the one has been getting called over which I am 100% ok with. This TM came back as we were leaving and basically said I needed to pick up the pace if I wanted to go back. I asked them what they meant and they told me they talked to the OM and rightly so because there are three of us and there the only one being used. The TM told me, the OM said I get numbers from you and I was an amateur. Now here is the dilemma, I've never been talked to by my home OM or the inbound OM about this. However, I'm unnerved that my performance is being discussed with another TM and not myself. How should I address this?

I plan on showing them what I can do. I mean this is in ART. Throw me in UDC I'll clear that trailer in under 60 mins if the freight is good. I'm just ticked the OM hasn't said something to me but yet discusses me with another TM.

Personally, I wouldn't let it bother me. It doesn't sound severe enough for anyone to get in trouble over. I'd rather just keep getting paid than have an unnecessary Target on my back from an om like that. OM's tend to have a pretty short life span at my DC so again, I personally wouldn't worry with it. Just do your best and leave the rest at work.

I wouldn’t really lose sleep over it. Do you really want to be in art when you flex over anyway?

I have no choice in the matter on if I Flex into ART. My preference would be the manual dock or UDCs, but the OM will staff us as they need.

I do plan on speaking to the OM next time I'm called over to find out where I'm at. I only used this thread for some advice if I find out what the TM told me was true. I just reread my original post and I see why it is confusing.

Where I am flex-ins are never put in art, it’s a “strength in position” thing, and they can’t be expected to know how each role is supposed to work when they’re not there consistently. I suppose if someone asked to throw they might allow it, but no flex-in is ever going to be on the line.
Same goes for OT tms, they can’t be scheduled in art unless it is a last resort.

I wouldn’t worry much about what any OM’s opinion of you is. Most of them don’t know who the good workers are in their own dept, and they’ll be gone before they figure it out anyway.

Last edited:
Where I am flex-ins are never put in art, it’s a “strength in position” thing, and they can’t be expected to know how each role is supposed to work when they’re not there consistently. I suppose if someone asked to throw they might allow it, but no flex-in is ever going to be on the line.
Same goes for OT tms, they can’t be scheduled in art unless it is a last resort.

I wouldn’t worry much about what any OM’s opinion of you is. Most of them don’t know who the good workers are in their own dept, and they’ll be gone before they figure it out anyway.
Wow, that sounds nice. At our dc ot is regularly put in art while regular shift folks are on the dock.

Wow, that sounds nice. At our dc ot is regularly put in art while regular shift folks are on the dock.
There’s no reason for that as long as there are enough regular tms to cover it. For all that OM knows you just spent 40hrs in art and now they’d schedule you there again when they have tms who have spent 0hrs there?

There’s no reason for that as long as there are enough regular tms to cover it. For all that OM knows you just spent 40hrs in art and now they’d schedule you there again when they have tms who have spent 0hrs there?
Yup, its complete bs. This is why I left inbound. The OT shift OM regularly puts ot tm's (well except the favorites) into art especially in fall season. 60hrs in ART in fall season when they expect 50k plus is no fun task. Now I just have ART when i flex over. I need to slow down so they stop putting me there.

Last year we had our B1 crew going in for mandatory OT to watch the OM VLE some of his people out and kept all the people working OT.

Last edited:
Last year we had our B1 crew going in for mandatory OT to watch the OM VLE some of his people out and kept all the people working OT.
Pretty sure our entire B1 team would suddenly come down with an illness if that happened, and then make it their mission to have that OM “pursue opportunities outside of target”. Any other key would probably just go off to the SOM, but B1 is ruthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back