Archived OMG Target stores look like shit in the evenings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. I have been to so many Targets at night lately and they look like shit because product is overpicked and hasnt been zoned or because there are boxes of shit all over the place. So bad.

And believe me, I'm not blaming you guys that work there. You only have two arms, two feet, one heart, and one brain. This is a company wide problem.

Hire more people and pay them what they deserve!

We got SLAMMED last Saturday with people wanting the 20% coupon. Some lady complained towards the end of my shift (it was maybe 8pm) that the store was looking 'picked over'.
Well no shit, we've had a continuous stream of guests from 10am onwards. We've only got so many bodies, people.

I am not looking for answers. Just looking to rant and start conversation. I don't want to renew an old conversation - I want to start a new one.

I know this is an old thread, but damn, our store still hasn't recovered. My job requires me to be very visual and organized, so its driving me batty.

So bad, I've had guests ask me "Is Target okay? The store looks like KMart" Empty shelves, NOTHING in the right place. We're a high volume store, you would think we would have the hours.

And, it looking picked over is going to get worse if the slow down at the docks on the west coast continues. That will leave more holes to be flexed, which will mean more product put over the wrong price point, which will mean more guests challenging prices at the front end. Yes, I know we are supposed to put the plastic flip label holders over the incorrect prices but that really doesn't happen at my store.

When you mix sloppy showers with being understaffed, it's gonna look like crap. Mornings are nicer because it seems to be a different type of shopper. Nights are just horrid. You only need one guest to destroy an entire area. I recently had one in softlines, that picked up every last thing, destroying all the folded stacks, knocking hanging on to the floor with her cart and didn't buy one item of clothing. Fun times.

The stores look like shit in the morning as well....at this point it is what it is. If Spot doesn't care enough to give the resources to fix it then so be it ....I don't get paid enough to stress over it anymore.

Last edited:
The worst I find is the HBA and paper area. Holy shit I hate being stuck there because it always looks like hell and there's just so much crap. Usually by the end of my shift if it's not zoned 100% I'm just kind of like screw it. It's going to get messed up tomorrow anyways so why work myself up over it and luckily the ETL's in our store know it's hard when guests have run rampant through the aisles on a busy day.

CTFU and guess who has to clean it all up to stock product in the morning!? GUESS WHO! FLOW!!!!!!!!

We have to stay until we finish. It sucks! When I'm softlines, we are the last to finish. When I'm working any where's else I am the first to be sent to softlines. I've worked mornings and it's always nice....it's less stress. Nights are rough. I hate how I cant vibe with guests because I worry so much about zoning or doing my job. We have an LOD that is horrible. She's just so negative, it sucks our happiness and drive. All the other LODs keep us working hard.

I personally, am trying to find a good balance between vibing and getting things done quickly, but it's tough. Despite finding retail a tough job, I do love helping guests. I feel I'm great on actually being helpful and not solely focused on increasing that one sale.

Bottom line....we need more team members scheduled. I'm so lucky that 99% of my team is great and accepts my odd behavior

We have to stay until we finish. It sucks! When I'm softlines, we are the last to finish. When I'm working any where's else I am the first to be sent to softlines. I've worked mornings and it's always nice....it's less stress. Nights are rough. I hate how I cant vibe with guests because I worry so much about zoning or doing my job. We have an LOD that is horrible. She's just so negative, it sucks our happiness and drive. All the other LODs keep us working hard.

I personally, am trying to find a good balance between vibing and getting things done quickly, but it's tough. Despite finding retail a tough job, I do love helping guests. I feel I'm great on actually being helpful and not solely focused on increasing that one sale.

Bottom line....we need more team members scheduled. I'm so lucky that 99% of my team is great and accepts my odd behavior

This....The night is a beast and it sucks super hard. I mainly work mornings now but I used to work a ton of closing shifts and for teams who are only here in the morning they have no clue how much easier the morning is compared to being in the store at night

every weekend we look like sh!t on Monday morning .... but we in pfresh seem to get our area G6 to G15 meat looking good and then move on to G16 to G18 to get lunch meat, eggs cheese creamers, then the yogurt and juice aisle looking good Monday afternoon and on Monday evening the closers zones all 5 aisles of the freezer G19 - G22 and the back wall of ice cream.

So by Tuesday AM we are green in pfresh.

It takes a little hard work but you can recover a store from looking like sh!t ... in just 24 little hours, so get back to zoning and stop complaining.

I walked into a Kmart the other day.. it looked better, zone wise, than my Target; then again only what, ten people shop there? They are suffering just as much from the dock tie-up. They've condensed their toy aisle from eight to two and filled the holes with home storage.

every weekend we look like sh!t on Monday morning .... but we in pfresh seem to get our area G6 to G15 meat looking good and then move on to G16 to G18 to get lunch meat, eggs cheese creamers, then the yogurt and juice aisle looking good Monday afternoon and on Monday evening the closers zones all 5 aisles of the freezer G19 - G22 and the back wall of ice cream.

So by Tuesday AM we are green in pfresh.

It takes a little hard work but you can recover a store from looking like sh!t ... in just 24 little hours, so get back to zoning and stop complaining.
That's awesome. The major problem company wide though would be that the weekends are when we should have the staffing to look the best. Sunday and Wednesday should be the days/evenings where PFresh is in tip top shape.

Our store is approaching normalcy. A couple rough areas here and there, but most of the store has been reset and looks nice.

My store looks its worse between like 3pm and 7. Usually looks fantastic by closing time (11) though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back