Archived On behalf of AP, I just wanted to say thanks to all to everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
For being observant and making my job as an APS so much easier. My location is one of the most popular places to steal from in my area, we get people EVERYDAY. A large part of that is our very "AP minded" co-workers. Every single call out I've ever gotten from a non-AP person has ended with an apprehension.

I've only been on the job for about a week now,I'm learning a lot really fast and I've got some really good teachers. Unfortunately, all they've got is a deep end to throw me in since this place is always so "busy".

Again, thanks.

-Zen

Pittsburgh area has a couple duo tat shoplifts dvd's and blue rays....... Then they scramge out of a fire exit with a vehicle waiting. These same people have hit every store in our district,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pittsburgh area has a couple duo tat shoplifts dvd's and blue rays....... Then they scramge out of a fire exit with a vehicle waiting. These same people have hit every store in our district,,,,,,,,,,,,

I really hate those doors. We've lost a Dyson or Two with them :(

Its good to see some AP care to be on point. My targets AP are the type that think their CIA, when about 75% of people get away.

Its good to see some AP care to be on point. My targets AP are the type that think their CIA, when about 75% of people get away.

That's not always by choice, and we often KNOW someone is getting away or likely going to get away. We've got some strict regs to follow to ensure we don't wrongfully accuse/detain someone, it'd be bad for Spot and the individuals involved are likely to get termed.

-Zen

Oh no i completely understand that. Gotta be careful with handling all situations. I was just making a joke about them.

lol I haven't met any of the types that think they're spies or cops. I'm sure those people are a riot and amusing to work with, they're also the one likely to get in trouble too.

-Zen

They're pretty lame if you ask me. One guy even stopped a 10 year old with one carton of milk, it was obvious the kid was sent in by his parents...and he kept him there for a good 5 minutes and the kid got scared and shooken up and our guy was stern and rude to him. After the kid left some of us looked at him like " seriously? A 10 year old?"

I've heard of thieves coming in with their small kids so they wouldn't be suspected of shoplifting (they still got caught), but using their 10 year old son to be the thief? That poor kid! His parents are teaching him a life of crime. I'd like to say I hope they sent him in with the money he needed, but it sounds like they didn't.

I've heard of thieves coming in with their small kids so they wouldn't be suspected of shoplifting (they still got caught), but using their 10 year old son to be the thief? That poor kid! His parents are teaching him a life of crime. I'd like to say I hope they sent him in with the money he needed, but it sounds like they didn't.

No no the kid did nothing wrong. He was doing just what he was asked and was leaving. We were dissapointed in our AP talking to a little kid as if he was a 22 year old possibly stealing an iphone or something

They're pretty lame if you ask me. One guy even stopped a 10 year old with one carton of milk, it was obvious the kid was sent in by his parents...and he kept him there for a good 5 minutes and the kid got scared and shooken up and our guy was stern and rude to him. After the kid left some of us looked at him like " seriously? A 10 year old?"

AP should have just receipt checked him and kept it moving...

The comment about kids grabbed my attention. Lately we've been nabbing alot of people (usually younger parents) stealing while they've got their baby or toddler with em. Disgusting. Talk about being a terrible role model.

I got called in to read stories to 2 toddlers after Mom was picked up for shoplifting. Dad was waiting in the parking lot & finally came in to see what was taking so long.
He left with the kids & Mom left with the cops. And, yep, it was felony-level.

The comment about kids grabbed my attention. Lately we've been nabbing alot of people (usually younger parents) stealing while they've got their baby or toddler with em. Disgusting. Talk about being a terrible role model.

Not really all that new sad to say.
Can you say, Fagin?
In this life, one thing counts / In the bank, large amounts / I'm afraid these don't grow on trees, / You've got to pick-a-pocket or two / You've got to pick-a-pocket or two, boys,
Kids have been being taught to be thieves for as long as we've had civilization.

Reminds me of the news blurb about 2 women loading up a cart at WalMart & leaving it near the door with a 7-yr-old girl who was supposed to push it out when the women pulled up in the car. The girl was grabbed by store security & the women drove off. One of them, the girl's mother, was arrested when she went to pick up her daughter at the police station.

I got called in to read stories to 2 toddlers after Mom was picked up for shoplifting. Dad was waiting in the parking lot & finally came in to see what was taking so long.
He left with the kids & Mom left with the cops. And, yep, it was felony-level.

At least AP didn't catch a baby sitter trying to push out a Dyson with two kids in toe...

They like to bring kids along because they think, AP is less likely to watch them if they have kids along.

When I worked at Kohls (many moons ago) we had quite a few come in with a stroller and they would find merchandise under the baby. Of course, then there's the ones that fill up a cart and make a run for it. Had that happen not only at Kohls but at my Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back