ONE FOR ONE

So having a daily routine helps productivity A LOT. So as I'm getting in the groove A typical day goes like this:
Auto pull
C&S
Uboats, sfq, zone, audit, backstock
Heavy zone.
Reshop
Which is already alot.

Nevermind all the Salesplans, transitions, and Pricing that seemed to happen all at once.

But THEN they add One for ones. Which in theory is a good idea. But right now instead of autos we each have to drop a whole fill group ? 700 dcpi drops that the ETLS say to chip away at. That could take a whole shift if not longer ! When do we stop and transition to uboats? And everything else ? There HAS to be an easier way! I thought doing 1for1 aisle by aisle would help but that means the auto still needs to get pulled!

So having a daily routine helps productivity A LOT. So as I'm getting in the groove A typical day goes like this:
Auto pull
C&S
Uboats, sfq, zone, audit, backstock
Heavy zone.
Reshop
Which is already alot.

Nevermind all the Salesplans, transitions, and Pricing that seemed to happen all at once.

But THEN they add One for ones. Which in theory is a good idea. But right now instead of autos we each have to drop a whole fill group ? 700 dcpi drops that the ETLS say to chip away at. That could take a whole shift if not longer ! When do we stop and transition to uboats? And everything else ? There HAS to be an easier way! I thought doing 1for1 aisle by aisle would help but that means the auto still needs to get pulled!
1-1 should be dropped to replace your autos but unless you are the DBO for an entire fill group you should just pull 1-1 for your aisles but unfortunately pog 1-1 does not override your autos so you would still have to pull those. I’m at a small format but we are in process of pulling every 1-1 For every fill group every day and at this point they’re about the same size as our autos were but our backroom is empty now

Yes! Like I said in theory I get it. Emptying the back room is the goal, especially for market with dates having to be a factor. And some department's in my store say the same thing. But I feel like it's an endless battle over in market ! Literally all 9 fill groups getting there one for one done seems overwhelming. Especially with being down to 5 team members. The smallest pull stands close to 2000 eaches!

Im not sure what a DBO is but each of us have a fill group. Except some of us take a couple. Bev 1 and 2 and liq. are the same TM. Dairy, meat are the same TM. And grc 1 and 3 same TM and Snack and candy and same TM.

I thought doing 1for1 aisle by aisle would help but that means that means auto still need to be pull
Of course auto need to be pulled because you are not dropping a 1 for 1 you are dropping a pog fill which is different than a 1 for 1.
Yes your 1 for 1 are gonna be big , because you haven’t pulled that before however is not impossible and it will get smaller everyday if you do it everyday .
Pulling 1 for 1 will eat away your autofill .

Im not sure what a DBO is but each of us have a fill group. Except some of us take a couple. Bev 1 and 2 and liq. are the same TM. Dairy, meat are the same TM. And grc 1 and 3 same TM and Snack and candy and same TM.
That’s a good way to do it that way you can pull your whole fill group. DBO is a generic modernization term for designated business owner so in like home someone who owns C1-10 is the DBO of those aisles.

Of course auto need to be pulled because you are not dropping a 1 for 1 you are dropping a pog fill which is different than a 1 for 1.
Yes your 1 for 1 are gonna be big , because you haven’t pulled that before however is not impossible and it will get smaller everyday if you do it everyday .
Pulling 1 for 1 will eat away your autofill .
That's what the GM ETL says too . I believe you . I just wish there were an easier way I guess !

That's what the GM ETL says too . I believe you . I just wish there were an easier way I guess !
It will get easier tho if you are consistent. I got the whole store in 1 for 1 batches in less than 10 days . I did it strategically tho started with pp1 it took the dbo 4-5 hours to pull and didn’t get on them for not finish backstock , however I had the inbound team push all their freight . Next day their 1 for 1 was significantly smaller, so I started with market , same thing move inbound in market freight and so forth . Your GmTL needs to have that logistic mind tho and not just task task task mindset.

I'll try to mention that to him. His approach makes me feel it may be a tasking mentality.

It will get easier tho if you are consistent. I got the whole store in 1 for 1 batches in less than 10 days . I did it strategically tho started with pp1 it took the dbo 4-5 hours to pull and didn’t get on them for not finish backstock , however I had the inbound team push all their freight . Next day their 1 for 1 was significantly smaller, so I started with market , same thing move inbound in market freight and so forth . Your GmTL needs to have that logistic mind tho and not just task task task mindset.
Same here. Did some big ones and kept up with them everyday while adding a couple more fill groups until eventually we were pulling every fill group. Now they’re all tiny every morning. I just wish there was an easier way to do it other than through EXF. It’s time consuming to drop all those batches every morning.

Our leadership was fantastic at getting us set for success with these. Most of us got help, mostly by the SD, ETLs and our GM leads working to purge our backroom aisles, one by one, and pulling the hundreds of 1 for 1's for us. Because I have 3 fillgroups (technically 4 but rarely have any items from it, my kitchen coworker pulls them all and hands me mine and when I pull DOMS, I hand over his kitchen towels) this took over a week. Until they got to my bedding, I was told not to worry about my 1 for 1's in bedding until it became a manageable number and to shoot EXFs and critical lows for bedding until I saw a change under hundreds. Now I have maybe 20 DPCI's a day, eaches can be close to 50-100 on busy days. Now, these numbers wouldn't be the same for a high volume store, but your leadership should be helping come up with a plan to keep you afloat.
It's also worth mentioning that not every TM got the same help my area did. That kitchen TM's 1 for 1's was in the hundreds for days, and his backroom locations, though extremely immaculate because he's amazing, couldn't be purged and moved to the floor- there just isn't the room for all his stuff. But he was told to chip away as well and now it's a manageable number. For numbers in the thousands, though? Seriously, leadership should really get on that for a few hours one day and get that worked out with you.

Whelp. Must be nice to live in the Magical Land of extra payroll and helpful leaders. Most of us get Zero help with freight or pulling 1 for 1s.

Plus, no one really works in most of our areas when we are not scheduled. So there is no “pulling of 1 for 1s daily.”

Whelp. Must be nice to live in the Magical Land of extra payroll and helpful leaders. Most of us get Zero help with freight or pulling 1 for 1s.

Plus, no one really works in most of our areas when we are not scheduled. So there is no “pulling of 1 for 1s daily.”
I wish I lived in that magical land! We were also told that that 1 for 1 thing would get easier, but I don't see it happening. I don't think they're pulled for my area unless I do it, and I can't do that and push the truck. Love emptying out the back room, but there's that thing about getting the hours to do it.

Rumor has it trucks will be smaller because of the one for one. The capacities and etc automatically reset after doing a one for one. Haven't we heard this all before? Basically a pog fill for salesfloor capacity? *and it magically fixes the push problem*
It’s total BS because SFQ and SFC do not effect your OTL (order to level) which can be found on the inventory management tool. I could change any capacity up that I want and They won’t send us more and same works for down. HQ sets your OTL based off HQ set capacities. The only problem this fixes is data issues within your store, not at a DC level. The idea behind 1-1s are great but again this is just another routine that should be done when stores have a sound log process not something we force on stores. There are stores that have time for this and others that are drowning in freight and it is the least of their worries. My assumption is 1-1 will replace our autos in the morning and will drop automatically like the autos did but they are prepping these stores so that when it’s actually rolled out, not everyone is screwed and ruin their pull metrics. Just imagine if tomorrow you had to pull a 1-1 for every fill group. How many stores do you think actually could?

How long was the dbo's shift if it took 4 - 5 hours just to pull? Our dbo's are rarely scheduled more than 4 hours.

Big one for ones are so stupid. My area typically has 350+ dpci at least, and it would take someone their whole shift to pull and push that. This means that after zoning/truck push/reshop, I've got maybe 1-2 hours to pull and push some of the one for one, but my vehicles end up being filled with just whats in the lows and the wacos before times up. The upper open stock hasn't been touched in weeks other than by ship from store, it's just getting condensed to hell because nothing is leaving the backroom.

Being that the 1:1s drop out of move towards the end of the night if they aren’t completed, I have my team pull only what they know they can push in a shift. If our closing team can redrop it in the evening it’ll still help alleviate the af in the morning and still empties out the backroom. Especially with some of our bigger fillgroups we know we have to chip away at it vs allowing the rest of the process fall apart to get 1 thing done.

Rumor has it trucks will be smaller because of the one for one. The capacities and etc automatically reset after doing a one for one. Haven't we heard this all before? Basically a pog fill for salesfloor capacity? *and it magically fixes the push problem*
That makes zero sense. Sounds about right. 😂

Back