Archived One team, one VOICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the stunning success of a labor judge over turning the election vote for a union I thought it worthwhile to bring up a.. not-union thread, so to speak.

I don't think a union can or will benefit Target employees, not as they're currently built at any rate.

But I'm making the thread to say one thing. We're advocated as being one team and having one collective voice. Except we don't have a voice: we don't have anything. All we have is an open door policy which can and is ignored by the management simply because we have no power. There just isn't any reason they have to listen to what we say: we're voiceless and powerless. We don't have the right as a workforce to speak to the corporate level, to advocate more hours per night, to tell them we're being worked to the bone for a status quo that may as well not exist.

What I want is a collective voice and a check on the management: a body that I know has my back. A person or group that I can turn to and say, hey, this isn't right. Someone who will listen and has the power to create change.

It's not asking much. Essentially it's asking to not be treated like a slave, if you look at it that way. Like, I'd prefer to not get coached over things beyond my control (no accessories on a day where I didn't touch the register, for example).

Again I would like to advocate that I don't think a union can possibly help Target. It's almost as if we need something new, something fresh.

It just annoys me that a motto of our store is one team, one voice but.. we're not allowed to have a voice. Whatever.

"You cannot give reputation to the same post twice"

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Hardlinesmaster again"

:music2:

With the stunning success of a labor judge over turning the election vote for a union I thought it worthwhile to bring up a.. not-union thread, so to speak.

I don't think a union can or will benefit Target employees, not as they're currently built at any rate.

But I'm making the thread to say one thing. We're advocated as being one team and having one collective voice. Except we don't have a voice: we don't have anything. All we have is an open door policy which can and is ignored by the management simply because we have no power. There just isn't any reason they have to listen to what we say: we're voiceless and powerless. We don't have the right as a workforce to speak to the corporate level, to advocate more hours per night, to tell them we're being worked to the bone for a status quo that may as well not exist.

What I want is a collective voice and a check on the management: a body that I know has my back. A person or group that I can turn to and say, hey, this isn't right. Someone who will listen and has the power to create change.

It's not asking much. Essentially it's asking to not be treated like a slave, if you look at it that way. Like, I'd prefer to not get coached over things beyond my control (no accessories on a day where I didn't touch the register, for example).

Again I would like to advocate that I don't think a union can possibly help Target. It's almost as if we need something new, something fresh.

It just annoys me that a motto of our store is one team, one voice but.. we're not allowed to have a voice. Whatever.

I have no idea what our store motto is. Probably something along the lines of "Oh Dear God..."

I still say that a vertical union would solve most of the problems that we are complaining about, heck if we even voted using our 401k shares then that would be half a step. Visits where the visitor doesn't go with the whole management team to each individual team member and ask "How are things going and what do you think?" with their bosses right there. It's like asking to be fired for those that actually care about their job.

Motto's, Mission Statements, and payroll allocation are just concepts that Satan invented to torture people with. They serve absolutely no purpose other than provide work for sociopaths that doesn't involve knives.

Your idea is a good one.
If we lived in a work culture that was willing to work in a non adversarial environment it might have a chance but Spot has pretty much proved that aint going to happen.
The reason unions developed the way they did is because they weren't given any other choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back