Archived One thing Target does right is not allowing donation collections at their stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when I'm going up Walmart and some kid asks me to donate to their basketball team. I feel bad because I never carry cash and I hate being that guy who blew them off. Don't gotta deal with that at Target

It shouldn't occur at any place of business in my opinion. Pestering the public for money at places of business, regardless of reason, is in bad taste. Girl Scouts selling cookies, asking me three times to buy their cookies. No, thanks! Because diabetes!

Personally I'd rather choose to buy Thin Mints then have the boss harangue me to donate to United Way.
Considering that Spot likes to take the credit for the money that goes to United Way.
Target team members donated four million dollars last year.

Besides, I want thin Mints now.

It shouldn't occur at any place of business in my opinion. Pestering the public for money at places of business, regardless of reason, is in bad taste. Girl Scouts selling cookies, asking me three times to buy their cookies. No, thanks! Because diabetes!

But doing the exact same thing for Red Cards?

totally different

United Way.

And like my store who says we have %100 participation when I know for fact I did not fill out my form nor donated to any of the fund raisers. When you ask me over 10 times in two days as I figured out who I was going to donate to. That right there had me send my form through the shredder and leave on vacation.. But my store had %100 participation? Umm how is that?

But my store had %100 participation? Umm how is that?
When I told my ETL-HR that I wasn't donating any more, that I was donating directly to the agencies she urged me to make 'just a one-time donation of .25'. I said no.
Evidently she was doing it for other TMs that declined because after I saw the '100% participation', I started copying my signed slip that showed '0.00' each time.
She later resigned.

When I told my ETL-HR that I wasn't donating any more, that I was donating directly to the agencies she urged me to make 'just a one-time donation of .25'. I said no.
Evidently she was doing it for other TMs that declined because after I saw the '100% participation', I started copying my signed slip that showed '0.00' each time.
She later resigned.

Even if you decline to donate you participated. I turned nothing in.. No action, No participation.. That is the difference. My store is straight up lying..

But doing the exact same thing for Red Cards?

totally different

I fail to see how the two are equal. I don't like the red card badgering, but an unaffiliated group asking me to buy something extremely overpriced that I don't even have interest in is not comparable.

I hate when I'm going up Walmart and some kid asks me to donate to their basketball team. I feel bad because I never carry cash and I hate being that guy who blew them off. Don't gotta deal with that at Target

I used to think differently but I think I agree with this overall.

I avoid Walmart. I used to go through the tle door, but I don't do that now. I have a nice one and 3 bad ones.

I rarely see people asking for donations anywhere, except the FD with their boots on the way to work. I miss girl scout cookies.

If you are offended by the salvation army, then you're a turd in my opinion.

I wonder what the millions of homeless and poor people that the Salvation Army helps each year thinks. Yeah, I'm gonna say they don't care if they're anti-gay. They will take any help that's offered.

the ones who hate people asking for money for a business must have voted for obummer

When it comes to charity, the focus should be on helping people which is the definition of charity and not the charity's political views.

When it comes to charity, the focus should be on helping people which is the definition of charity and not the charity's political views.

A charity that is anti-gay probably doesn't want to be helping gay people. As a bisexual person, I would morally object to receiving money from an anti-gay organization. Their money is rotten to me and I'd rather be homeless.

the ones who hate people asking for money for a business must have voted for obummer

Too bad there's no 'dislike' button on these forums.

Target is a business and has a right to allow (or not allow) who they want on their property. While I don't personally have a problem with the Girl Scouts, Salvation Army and the like, I can understand where Target as a business is coming from. They don't want to say yes to some groups and say no to others. So they just say no to everyone. Pretty simple if you ask me.

I worked with the Salvation Army for a little over a year, and let me tell you, they don't help anyone for free. They tun people away frequently based on their race and sexuality. If you're a homeless straight white family, come right in! No questions asked! Want a paid leadership position? Here's the paperwork!

If you're literally anything else, it's, "Sorry, we just don't have the resources to help you right now." Or, "You want to eat at the food kitchen? Have you clocked in your 15 hours of free work for our organization?"

It's two-faced and awful, and when the holidays come up, I refuse to put money into the buckets. However, I will never hesitate to buy the ringers a hot chocolate or something, because behind the scenes, they are getting yelled at if they don't make a certain amount.

We get yelled at for RedCard quotas? They get terminated on the spot and LEFT AT THE LOCATION THEY WERE RINGING AT if they don't make a certain amount.

So, in short, fuck the Salvation Army.

The last year we had SA at our store, service desk called me over because the bell-ringer left the kettle at the SD to 'go on break' & never came back.
Some bell-ringers were poorly dressed for the weather (a few of us pitched in to buy one a jacket), one had holes in the bottom of his shoes (again, we pitched in), one was hung over.
I can see 'tough love' but for some it's 'tough luck'.

Offended? No. Annoyed? Yep. These major 'charities' like SA and Red Cross are shams. They do some good, but they're more harmful in many social aspects. Local charities help far more starving and homeless people. There are much, much more deserving groups of caring people I choose to give my money to.

The entire non-profit system needs an overhaul and some really heavy regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back