Archived One thing Target does right is not allowing donation collections at their stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handouts are American and have been going on since baby boomers took the government hostage. Nothing you can do about it. I guess it might get better when baby boomers die.

Handouts are un American you should all work for what you want.

Yes, good boy. Hate those greedy, selfish "un-American" people accepting "handouts" from the government. Instead, you should support multi-millionaire/billionaire CEOs who make 300 times more than their workers, have lower taxes than poor people and 'earn' most of their money by slashing the wages of those below them. That's what being American is really all about -- crushing those under you.

Yes, good boy. Hate those greedy, selfish "un-American" people accepting "handouts" from the government. Instead, you should support multi-millionaire/billionaire CEOs who make 300 times more than their workers, have lower taxes than poor people and 'earn' most of their money by slashing the wages of those below them. That's what being American is really all about -- crushing those under you.
are you being serious

Meanwhile, there's a thread right below this one (won't be when I hit reply, of course) about how hours are getting cut. And somewhere else (why are you still here thread) we talked about how hard it still is for folks to find better jobs. Then in multiple other threads, people who've been doing their job well for years aren't being given the opportunities for moving up in this company. Last ceo was paid multiple millions to leave, but let's all just work for what we want.

Edit: I over-sarcasm-ed

Last edited by a moderator:
This has nothing to do with what's right. I'm talking about how plausible that one statement is/isn't. Nothing more. Saying "just work for what you want" diminishes the fact that it's fucking hard.
Unemployment is technically down, but what about underemployment? What about the fact that if you give up on the search, you no longer count as unemployed? That stuff causes inflated employment percentages which leads to people believing it's not hard out here. But truly, "just work for [it]" is easier said than done.

;);)
Meanwhile, there's a thread right below this one (won't be when I hit reply, of course) about how hours are getting cut. And somewhere else (why are you still here thread) we talked about how hard it still is for folks to find better jobs. Then in multiple other threads, people who've been doing their job well for years aren't being given the opportunities for moving up in this company. Last ceo was paid multiple millions to leave, but let's all just work for what we want.

Edit: I over-sarcasm-ed
No you didn't.

You should be banned for trolling, poor punctuation, and douchebaggery.
In that case, TBR might lose a significant amount of traffic & things could get pretty dull.
I remember postings that got a few banned over the years & the mods have done a pretty stellar job of warning folks (me included) when they're hitting that line in the sand.
Fact is some flame wars can be pretty lop-sided (think one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest) but some can be provocatively challenging as long as the body count doesn't get too high.
Posting/blogging is like fire: A fine tool if skillfully wielded but it can cause a lot of harm when abused.

In that case, TBR might lose a significant amount of traffic & things could get pretty dull.
I remember postings that got a few banned over the years & the mods have done a pretty stellar job of warning folks (me included) when they're hitting that line in the sand.
Fact is some flame wars can be pretty lop-sided (think one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest) but some can be provocatively challenging as long as the body count doesn't get too high.
Posting/blogging is like fire: A fine tool if skillfully wielded but it can cause a lot of harm when abused.
It was more that I was letting off steam at someone that is almost universally hated across the site. I do not think that much traffic would be lost if luna was banned, but I know that he is unlikely to be banned because the mods respect his right to voice his *dumb* opinion here. I do not, and I was simply voicing that.

Understand completely.
Unfortunately, you can't outlaw 'dumb' or 'stupid' else the prisons would be overflowing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back