Archived Opened TL's Email, Search History Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. That's the title. Longtime lurker first time poster. Rock in the pit of my stomach.

I made a mistake.

I sat at a computer to open ehr for a punch correction and when I did, the browser pulled up and had multiple tabs open of a team lead's accounts, the LOD at that time.
I closed some tabs then at their store email tab I typed my name in their email search box. I did read one email and immediately realized "WHAAAAT are you doing!?" I exited the search ("<-Exit Search") button. Then before closing the tab I put the curser back into the search bar and yep, search history right there included my name typed.
Panicked I closed the tab which closed the browser window and my ability to get back in to clear history or something.
So. I didn't know whether to put this in Leadership....or Happy Trails.

My question is a plea for advice and information about if that email search term will be visible to her in another browsing session? Should I go in and ask for a private talk with her and be straightforward? How bad was my action?
In the talk, could I ask her to let me give my notice first? Or is waiting for the termination better?
I'm not sure I might already have a corrective action. To make things worse, my HR ETL does have big issues with me and I've been warned to be careful. They had my Manager's Evaluation at Unacceptable but there's a whole thing about that that I still haven't talked to our other HR about for help.

Now this. I feel so sorry. I love these people and making people happy at Spot.
Will it be that serious?
At the best of the worst, does she have to report? Could she let me quit first?
At best, how does search history work in TL email? Will she possibly overlook it if I wait it out?

Thanks guys. I've loved this site and this job. It helped me out of a bad place. This is so hard suddenly fearing the end.

Last edited:
Just like everything else, this is an ASANTS situation but from what i see, you are worried and overthinking.. I wouldn’t say anything if i were you... wait for them to talk to you if they even plan to at all. What kind of person is the TL?? easy going? Hard to get along with?

@Inboundbeast she is nice, one of the longest serving employees iirc. I don't work in her workcenter though. She knows I work hard. I'm one of the few women in the store who will agree to do carts.

@Tainted Kool aid. Makes sense too. That uncertainty is so gross, saying Hi and not knowing if she noticed and swept it under or what. You know?

Last edited:
Yep. That's the title. Longtime lurker first time poster. Rock in the pit of my stomach.

I made a mistake.

I sat at a computer to open ehr for a punch correction and when I did, the browser pulled up and had multiple tabs open of a team lead's accounts, the LOD at that time.
I closed some tabs then at their store email tab I typed my name in their email search box. I did read one email and immediately realized "WHAAAAT are you doing!?" I exited the search ("<-Exit Search") button. Then before closing the tab I put the curser back into the search bar and yep, search history right there included my name typed.
Panicked I closed the tab which closed the browser window and my ability to get back in to clear history or something.

My question is a plea for advice and information about if that email search term will be visible to her in another browsing session? Should I go in and ask for a private talk with her and be straightforward? How bad was my action?
In the talk, could I ask her to let me give my notice first? Or is waiting for the termination better?
I'm not sure I might already have a corrective action. To make things worse, my HR ETL does have big issues with me and I've been warned to be careful. They had my Manager's Evaluation at Unacceptable but there's a whole thing about that that I still haven't talked to our other HR about for help.

Will it be that serious?
At best, how does search history work in TL email? Will she possibly overlook it if I wait it out?

Thanks guys. I've loved this site and this job. It helped me out of a bad place. This is so hard suddenly fearing the end.

You read your ETLs email did you expect it not to be business related??? From the sounds of it you know your in trouble so chances are they sent emails about you. Confront them if you want but I saw leave it alone.

You read your ETLs email did you expect it not to be business related??? From the sounds of it you know your in trouble so chances are they sent emails about you. Confront them if you want but I saw leave it alone.

I typed my name yes to see emails with me in them.
Then it seemed like that name is now part of their email account's search history list. So now if she goes to search in her email she will see my name. And either not care or think, "wait what I didn't search that".
And since it is literally my name....yea.

@NKG Does have a point. you must have expected to find something about yourself. Either that or you were just being nosy. Personally i wouldn’t do it. Like i said, leave it be.. let us know how it goes though

I wouldn’t say anything. I doubt that the TL has time to search e-mail, probably hardly has time to read it. Even if your mistake is discovered, the TL might just overlook it since she she is nice and because she isn’t supposed to leave sensitive material open on the desktop and could be in as much trouble for leaving the tabs open as you are for reading one. Personally, if it was my e-mail I would let it pass. Not worth firing someone over, even if it was possible. Good luck.

I typed my name yes to see emails with me in them.
Then it seemed like that name is now part of their email account's search history list. So now if she goes to search in her email she will see my name. And either not care or think, "wait what I didn't search that".
And since it is literally my name....yea.

I wouldn’t say anything. I doubt that the TL has time to search e-mail, probably hardly has time to read it. Even if your mistake is discovered, the TL might just overlook it since she she is nice and because she isn’t supposed to leave sensitive material open on the desktop and could be in as much trouble for leaving the tabs open as you are for reading one. Personally, if it was my e-mail I would let it pass. Not worth firing someone over, even if it was possible. Good luck.
Thanks for that perspective and your time to answer.

@Inboundbeast @Tainted Kool aid @NKG
I messed up editing a reply then I reposted it. Sorry to get the thread a little off.
Does that give more info? I wanted to see bad, but the email I did see was a recognition which was nice. I did see the notification for my Unacceptable eval though too.
If I'm termed anyway I'm termed I guess. Then there's my whole urge to be straightforward and upfront and come clean before it's noticed. Even if that's shooting myself in the foot.

Last edited:
TL here. I don't ever search my email, nor look at the search history. I would assume i searched it myself if somehow it came up.
That makes sense 😂
To be fair it sort of did look like the other search items might have been auto suggestions compared to my plain text search item.

I think this is Cyber awareness month. You should report her for not having logged off ,and leaving sensitive info accessible to everyone.
You will praised!
Lmao I forgot about that, that's on the ehr homepage with the awkward graphics.

I think this is Cyber awareness month. You should report her for not having logged off ,and leaving sensitive info accessible to everyone.
You will praised!

What sensitive information do you have in your email????

Anything in mine- Tms should know or leaders need to know.

Yes they should have logout but it would have automatically logged them out after awhile anyways.

What sensitive information do you have in your email????

Anything in mine- Tms should know or leaders need to know.

Yes they should have logout but it would have automatically logged them out after awhile anyways.
I have correspondences with peers regarding performance issues of TMs

I made a mistake.

Will it be that serious?

Just let it go and don’t say shit. Go on with your work , and if you saw anything bad about yourself, this is the time to learn and work on your shit . Y ya

Only saves last 3 searches so just search something random like “printer” 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back