Archived Opening boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always think its really just cheerleading...they have to say that about time goals, so later they can use that to fire you later if need be. I don't think I'm the fastest, and while I was told a 53 item plug batch shuould take 30 min to pull, (took a bit longer), I've never been "talked" to about missing time goals. It's just motivation really, I think. I was told that the expectation was that I was to finish zone A, but only got 3/4 done, and then at the end of the night, my TL said "awesome job tonight team!" hehe...like, nobody completed their zones (it's known guests in our area are especially messy)...that happens a lot. It's just so they sound like they're leading.

No one ever mentions time goals at my store these days. We've been so badly understaffed that ETLs help with push and pulls. They know how long things take now. One of the in-jokes at the store is that our Salesfloor ETL has a second job at a pet store because she's always pushing pets. We've had ETL-Softlines, ETL-HR and GSE all doing push/pulls in hardlines the last few weeks. They actually suck at it, overstock like crazy and are incredibly slow but they don't give us shit for being slow. You also haven't lived until you are the only one in toys doing push with the GSE in Q4 and you hear him say over the walkie, "Team, can we get a guests first to toys? We could use two or three more team members here even if you just want to answer the guest questions that are nonstop!" .... 2 minutes later "Team is anyone responding to that guest first for toys?????" That got the ETL-HR to show up. Since she doesn't know where anything is in toys, her help consisted of walking guests over to me and asking me where the thing they wanted is. :rolleyes:

Of course, giving hourly TMs more hours or overtime was not a consideration. But, hey, they don't bitch about how long our vehicles take anymore.

I’ve seen pets repacks that look like Petsmart exploded and somebody just shoveled the debris in the box. Those take a while to push. On the other hand, a repack with six kid’s puzzles and a Rubik’s cube take about a minute. No-one without a crystal ball can look at a u-boat with several closed repacks on it and tell you how long it’s going to take to push with any degree of accuracy. Looking at you, ETLs...🙄

I don't know how I did it, but one day my LOD had me do someone else's uboat. While in the middle of pushing, the new LOD for the night told me that their was still 2 U-boats that needed to be done before I clocked out (only an hour left) . Needless to say, I went back to receiving: grabbed both U-boats and did them at the same time. Thankfully one of them was only boxes of Coffee makers.

It is VERY reasonable if the load is properly sorted and there are no guests
Which is why working that overnight shift when the store was closed before Black Friday was so ... fun even? I really don't mind at all assisting guests - in my area, I get lots of questions about "where is ___" - but having no guests meant I didn't have to keep my cardboard all tidy, I could park the u-boat wherever it was most convenient without it being in anyone's way, it was fine to have a repack box on the floor to throw plastic into. It was so easy!
But now we're back to normal. Sigh.

Our houseware repacks contain items packaged in small boxes, and in plastic baggies. Plus ours have stuff from pets, and other areas like Home Decor.
Your repacks aren't sorted? I'm the one who sorts the repacks on the line - talk about a job that sucks, but that's where I am - a 4 (kitchen & pets) should be sorted so all the kitchen and all the pets are in separate boxes. A combo (toys, sporting goods, seasonal, market) should be similarly sorted. Those sorted repacks go on different u-boats.
The 1 & 5 (pharmacy) and 2 & 12 (beauty) ones I don't *usually* have to sort too much, but I do look inside. Lately, hair color has been coming with the pharmacy stuff, for whatever weird reason. And 6 (stationery) often gets sent down the line because there's some Bullseye stuff mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back