Archived Opening SCO Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the other day I was opening self-checkout and to do so I had to enter my numbers for each of the machines to open, and I couldn't find a way before my shift ended to like sign out? It was kinda stressing me out that all the machines were under my numbers when I wasn't even there, like what if the person who watches it after me opens the machine and takes some money out and therefore the count is off, it would be under my numbers that the count is off right? Or am I stressing for no reason

I think you're stressing over nothing, practically everything requires a TM Number and their PIN to enter. And like the cameras would be easy enough to check and confirm your story

I think you're stressing over nothing, practically everything requires a TM Number and their PIN to enter. And like the cameras would be easy enough to check and confirm your story

Yup before AP can truly take a case somewhere they generally need something on camera.

I understand your paranoia, but it's not that simple. They'll check cameras for sure.

Although you use your number to open them, the SCO machines aren't signed into anyone's TM number. You don't have to sign out, they'll be closed at the end of the night and that requires a TM number also, anyone can open or close them. The money will be taken out by the GSA/GSTL who holds the keys to open the machines.

So the other day I was opening self-checkout and to do so I had to enter my numbers for each of the machines to open, and I couldn't find a way before my shift ended to like sign out? It was kinda stressing me out that all the machines were under my numbers when I wasn't even there, like what if the person who watches it after me opens the machine and takes some money out and therefore the count is off, it would be under my numbers that the count is off right? Or am I stressing for no reason
I totally understand that feeling-- I hate signing into MyGo (our order pickup app) in the morning because I'm worried someone will mis-process something and it will look like I did it. But espcially with self Checkout any changes to price etc require you to log in again.

So with mygo also you are fine because we have a binder where you put sticker, your name and the time so if someone doesn't process it. They are held accountable rather than the person logged on. Also at my store we go through the list at night to see if there were processed, if not we process them so no one gets in trouble. With the SCO I honestly feel like the sign in is just saying you are a team member and not a guest trying to start it up

I'm going to guess coins as cash is counted beforehand so

SCO registers you have a bit more freedom with coin. Quarters and pennies can hold a lot in their slots so I usually put four rolls of each in. Nickels and Dimes I put two each. I think there is a max for each but I am not sure what it is off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back