Archived Opinion about a mess up in the swap swift request paper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
I know some of you are TLs and ETLs.

2 weeks ago, I put a swap swift request, trying to find someone who
will work my Tuesday so I can have a 4 day weekend (I was off Sun and Mon, work Tues, off Wed).

My last day for last week was Saturday. Before I left, I checked the swap shift form. Someone took my shift. Now here's what I need your opinion. On the form, it says "APPROVED, NEEDS KEYED" so I thought I'm good for the week. I took a picture just in case there's a screw up.

Next thing I know I got a call from a friend asking if I did a NCNS. I told him about the form that someone took my shift. He said someone white out the name on the form (the person who took my shift is trained in my workcenter).

Now am I going to be in trouble for this?

That's dangerous. I would of grab that form, that second. Then, asked hr, Lod, or etl to key in there. You might want to call in & play dumb to confirm shift swap. Since you are good worker, you should have no problem.
Here is a story that happened at my store, when spot was cutting hours real bad.
I had a nice tm who gave a shift up to someone for extra hours they wanted. Then, that tm calls out on that shift swap. Then, the nice tm found out about the call out & wasn't too happy it. Later on, the nice tm heard through gossip central about the party that the tm went too. The nice tm let that tm have it, after the nice tm saw the fb party pics.

Last edited:
It's always fun to get screwed over like this because no matter what there is going to be blow back on you.
Do you have any idea who took your shift?
Usually your ETL or the ETL HR has to be the one who Approves the swap, do you know who it was?

Both of these factors could make a difference in how this turns out.
Like Hardlines said, make sure you have a copy of the the Swap Shift sheet and take it from there.

As long as the LOD approved the swap, you should be fine. You'll just have to explain that to HR so they delete the NCNS. I would assume the person who took your shift didn't show up?

In our store we have a team member who is constantly calling in sick, no-showing, and going home early due to illness. This has been going on for months. When he's scheduled he doesn't show up, when he's not scheduled for many hours he complains. Anyways, there's an unofficial rule in our store that if you give him your shift and he doesn't show up than you'll be coached/written up. Its essentially treated as a NCNS.

Not a TL, but not sure why they would white out the name. While your leadership may be jerks and try and keep it as a NCNS no matter what, at least you have proof that a name and a note were there by taking a picture.

A good leadership team would allow the NCNS to be erased; a bunch of high-and-mighty jerks may not.

Might also ask the person who was supposed to take your shift if they were told to disregard it & by whom.

Someone should have called you if the other person backed out of the shift or something. If it was approved, you got a documented pic of the signoff, and then it was whited out, you should be fine but your store might be putting it back on you.

Just check with the other person who took it.

Something similar happened to me last week. The new TM who took my shift was over hours, which the ETL didn't know/check for, so they removed his name from the list after it was initialed/approved. However, they did try to call me the night before (I didn't get the call and it went straight to VM. Didn't even receive the VM until two days later when I did a phone update and had to restart the phone). Luckily, I showed up for the shift not knowing someone had attempted to take it.

I would show them the picture you took and hopefully they'll work with you on this... Unfortunately, none of us can say if you will or won't be held responsible as in my experience it usually depends on the mood of the ETL. More than likely they'll tell you you're still responsible until it's been keyed, though.

no one should white out a name - including the tm who was accepting the shift - without notifying the etl staff.
We expect if you accepted that shift, you will work it.
The HR should make sure the op that was giving up shift is not marked ncns.
That's what I would do, and notate that on the op timesheet

We're told that once you take someone's shift you're supposed to bring it to an etl right away to get it taken care of....but that rarely happens.
The second I see that someone has taken my shift I immediately take it to an etl and so far have had no problems.

I usually tell the LOD that someone took my shift (or I took someone's shift) and ask them to change it in the grid. Usually they don't, but later I can say, "I talked to so-and-so about it," and then they can't coach me for anything.

At my store, we have to notify the LOD ASAP when we pick up shifts. They never key it in immediately (they always leave it for the next day's HR), but as long as they sign off on it, we're ok.

At my store, we have to notify the LOD ASAP when we pick up shifts. They never key it in immediately (they always leave it for the next day's HR), but as long as they sign off on it, we're ok.

Same at my store.

If it isn't signed by an LOD, you're responsible for it. Period.

Once it's signed, keyed or not, it is no longer yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back