Archived Optical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS

The other Target location across town is getting a new optical center and I've considered applying for a job there since it'd be good experience in the line of work that I really want to pursue: optometry. The problem is I just don't know anything about the optical centers, the positions they offer, the pay, or how a transfer like that would work since they're not technically Target? Right?

I don't know if anyone knows anything about the optical centers, but I'm just curious about them in general since I'm having a hard time finding much of anything on them.

The optical TL came to our store today to speak with our STL. I managed to talk to her for a few minutes and basically told her I was extremely interested in working there and to give me a call if they were hiring TMs. We exchanged numbers, so hopefully I hear back from her soon. :)

From another optical thread:
All optical positions are through Luxottica usa ( the glasses monopoly). So their employees are technically not target tms, but anyways they seem pretty happy at my neighbor stores.
masterofalltrades, Jun 5, 2016

I don't know their starting pay, but I do know that they are paid a commission based on their sales, and their hours are also based on sales.
For example, say for week 1 they're given a goal to sell 5 pair of glasses that week, and they sell 6, they'll get more hours the next week, but if they don't meet their goal, they'll be cut back on hours the next week.
TallAPGuy, Jun 7, 2016

My store is getting optical. Luxxotica does the target optical hiring and such. I think it's like market source = target mobile kinda thing. They have a tl, but they work for luxxotica. I... Applied, because I saw the opening on glassdoor.

It's very similar to the pay scale mobile uses. Commission with low-ish base pay near your state's minimum wage. Ends up being around $13-15/hour.

I'm currently out on LOA, but I need some new glasses. Do we get a discount in there as well? Also, are the prices cheap or should I just go to Walmart?

I'm currently out on LOA, but I need some new glasses. Do we get a discount in there as well? Also, are the prices cheap or should I just go to Walmart?
Yes, our Team member and red card discounts work there, in addition to whatever/any insurance. I got a pretty good deal on my prescription Maui Jim sunglasses.

The only reason I don't like Target Optical is the very limited selection of frames. I have to wear glasses all the time and I would rather pay more for frames I really like than settle for ones I don't like as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back