OPU freezers and coolers.

Nice! The construction for our OPU walk-in freezer and cooler is done. It's located in our new OPU stockroom which has its own exit door for drive-ups, annoying someone has to buzz you back in but obviously understandable. Also, have this huge machine above the drive-up door that sucks in all the hot air from coming inside because the door is near the entrance to the walk-ins and without it can cause ice build-up on the inside of freezer doors.

Ours are in use finally, but we are still struggling to get under 2 minutes. The app allowing anyone to switch from order pickup to drive up is really messing it up as SO many people do not tell us on the way. Even telling the guests isn’t getting through to them... there are regular large grocery order guests that habitually do not alert us even with us telling them.
I think there needs it to be a mandatory feature that makes you put you are on your way and gives a minimum wait period based upon the size of the order before they can select I'm here. I also wish that the second that someone with an active and complete Drive Up order walks into the building, it automatically changes it in the app as an in store pick up. I'm tried of our store being penalized because someone hits, I'm here when they are in the building and no one has their order ready. I'm pretty sure we've had people pull that shit after they say they are here in the parking lot then walk into the building.

I think there needs it to be a mandatory feature that makes you put you are on your way and gives a minimum wait period based upon the size of the order before they can select I'm here. I also wish that the second that someone with an active and complete Drive Up order walks into the building, it automatically changes it in the app as an in store pick up. I'm tried of our store being penalized because someone hits, I'm here when they are in the building and no one has their order ready. I'm pretty sure we've had people pull that shit after they say they are here in the parking lot then walk into the building.
The store (without calling corporate IT) should be able to disable drive-ups during inclement weather (THUNDERSTORMS) for up to thirty minutes.

The store (without calling corporate IT) should be able to disable drive-ups during inclement weather (THUNDERSTORMS) for up to thirty minutes.
Agreed and an alert should be given to anyone who is on their way before it is shut off to pull up to the building before they say they are at the store on the app. As much as I hate the idea of drive up team members leaving the building at all during inclement weather, I also hate the idea that said team members will likely face verbal abuse from someone who was halfway to the store when they find out they have to go inside during a downpour to get their order. 🙄 It's bullshit, I know, but so is so much else the front end team has to deal with.

Back