OPU Hold Space

This is so smart I wish all store do this. Just one shift on drive up and they would understand why proper labeling is so important

Proper labels and taking that time to look what you are pulling and making sure you have it all. I have watched the GS people grab water bottles you know the gallon ones with a post it note "x3" and they take the 1st one and leave the other two behind. Yeah they got the water but not all the water. I haven't figured out a way to fool proof that yet.

Proper labels and taking that time to look what you are pulling and making sure you have it all. I have watched the GS people grab water bottles you know the gallon ones with a post it note "x3" and they take the 1st one and leave the other two behind. Yeah they got the water but not all the water. I haven't figured out a way to fool proof that yet.
You fool proof it by making sure the fulfillment team prints a unique label for each gallon so GS has to scan each one to process the order. I can't blame GS if we don't do our part. We've had the issue at my store too of people hitting reprint rather than bagging correctly.

You fool proof it by making sure the fulfillment team prints a unique label for each gallon so GS has to scan each one to process the order. I can't blame GS if we don't do our part. We've had the issue at my store too of people hitting reprint rather than bagging correctly.

When it tells you it needs 3 of something you grab 1, and I have pulled orders it does tell you how many that isn't on the picker that is on GS. But I like that idea.

You shouldn't scan, then bag to avoid that. Scan an item, put it in the bag, then onto the next. Don't rely on driveup TMs taking the time to read.
As I said, it happens very infrequently. I believe I've done it twice in the past 4 or 5 months. It does happen and I make sure to mark them at least and status with the DU team to let them know.

Bingo! Obviously fulfillment isn’t entirely to blame— GS should 100% be checking orders. But there is a very easy way for fulfillment to foolproof it.

also x3 isn’t a very clear post it note... maybe “1 of 3” would be better. But if unique labels are printed no sticky note is needed!

If I have 4 cases of soda, do I hit “create label” once and place that one sticker on one case and put them into hold?

When it asks for the qualtity, type in 1. Scan the next soda, hit create label and type in 1 again, repeat till you have done them all.

Drive up is too busy to consistently count everything and not miss some. Even ~99% accuracy by the drive up team leaves multiple angry guests per day. Please just print the god damn labels right. Cheers.
Yup. Wasnt a big deal with OPU bc we could have have the guest look in the bag as we hand it to them to verify. Can’t do that with drive up. We try to verify all items but on a 20 item order that we were given no warning to prep, it’s not always easy

Back