Archived Orientation Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
So I got hired as a sales floor team memeber last week & I have orientation this Friday so I was just wondering if someone could answer these questions really quick.

- What do we do/how long does it last?
- Do I need to bring anything besides the paperwork they asked for to establish proof of work, etc.?
- Are we supposed to wear anything specific (like red shirt & khakis)?

Thanks!

Usually, you will be watching videos , filling out forms, meeting some of the etls and going on a tour of the store. You also will meet the Ap etl or team lead which every applies to your store ( security). They will give you a run down on being safe and not to steal etc . I know that you are suppose to bring your drivers lincense or Government issued picture Id and your social security card . Some stores differ on what to wear to orientation . at our store they wear red and khaki. I am not sure how long it last I know at least several hours.

My orientation went as such:
  • It was 4 and a half hours long, just under the amount of time it took before we had to take a lunch. Your store may vary.
  • You will get paid, but cannot usually clock in, so HR should provide you with a "punch corrections" form to fill out. If they don't, ask for one. Fill it out and "add" two punches: a start work and an end work at the start and end time respectively.
  • Was required to dress "brand" so red and any solid color non-jeans pants (khaki preferred)
  • You'll sign papers, watch cheesy videos, HR will talk to you, the Executive Team Lead, Asset Protection will talk to you.
  • You'll get a tour of the store
  • Some other members of management may pop in and introduce themselves
  • If you're a minor, bring your work permit and two forms of acceptable ID as determined by the list they gave you (usually driver license and social security card. I didn't have a driver license so brought my birth certificate in place of it)
  • You should get your initial training schedule for either your first one, two, or three weeks, after which it will say something like "see wall"

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to the Break Room.

Exactly what NitroKing said. It will vary store by store. Mine was 3 hours and I was told to wear a red shirt and khaki pants, no black pants mentioned even though they are allowed as stated in the hand book are nicer to wear. Just watched videos, rushed through paperwork, given a store tour, and a 15 min break.

I've never seen anyone there with anything but khaki...I even said something about wishing black pants were allowed...WEIRD!

At my store if you wear black pants you are scorned even though in the hand book it says you can wear black.

Wait a minute...black pants are allowed!? I would have preferred that!

That tends to depend on the state.
In California there are very strict laws about what color clothes can be required by a company before the company has to pay for them.
Khaki isn't on the list so it's legal for Cali TM to wear black with no repercussions.
A lot of side eye, I'm sure but no repercussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back