Orientation Tomorrow! But….

Tomorrow’s my first day of orientation, I received a phone call asking if I’d be coming in and have all my paperwork. During the call I asked how soon until I’d be starting my shifts & be on the schedule.
Apparently! I’m already on the schedule for this week, but I was never sent the schedule or letting me know I’m starting my shifts immediately after Orientation.

A heads up would have been nice or a email/call letting me know first…
I just moved into the area and have specific things lined up that I need to get taken care of for my new home & wish I wouldve known the schedule days before hand so I could’ve adjusted them..

During my interview I was told that if I was to get hired I’d start a week or two after, however I just got hired on Thursday & asked if I could do orientation Monday. I got a second phone call if I could do the orientation even sooner however I let them know I had to wait because I was missing paper work and had it expedited shipped to me so I could just do orientation Monday.

also with my phone call today they let me know I needed either blue jeans/khaki pants & a red shirt with no graphics just for orientation.
Which resulted in me having to run out and get these things tonight because most my clothes are across country. Wish I would’ve known that aswell for orientation. (I have black pants & the red shirt I have currently has a graphic on it sadly)

Last edited:
original.gif

Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who.gif

Tomorrow’s my first day of orientation, I received a phone call asking if I’d be coming in and have all my paperwork. During the call I asked how soon until I’d be starting my shifts & be on the schedule.
Apparently! I’m already on the schedule for this week, but I was never sent the schedule or letting me know I’m starting my shifts immediately after Orientation.

A heads up would have been nice or a email/call letting me know first…
I just moved into the area and have specific things lined up that I need to get taken care of for my new home & wish I wouldve known the schedule days before hand so I could’ve adjusted them..
First off.. Welcome
Second.. Target does not communicate. You will soon realize more and more. For your schedule go by the paper one posted. It's probably near the time clock. It's the official one.

Talk to your leaders some are understanding. Normally your given your schedule at orientation.
I will do! I updated my post just now, I didn’t expect to start so soon because during my interview they said I wouldn’t start for 1-2 weeks about after getting hired, however I got hired same day as my interview and was expecting a larger time frame I’d have to gather my things before working.

I will do! I updated my post just now, I didn’t expect to start so soon because during my interview they said I wouldn’t start for 1-2 weeks about after getting hired, however I got hired same day as my interview and was expecting a larger time frame I’d have to gather my things before working.

What things do you have to gather?

All you need is your ID, SS card, a red shirt, and jeans. You probably don't even need the red shirt for orientation since you won't be on the floor that day.

You can go buy a red shirt in any Target, Walmart, etc.

I would just tell them this is what you were told at your interview and go from there.

What things do you have to gather?

All you need is your ID, SS card, a red shirt, and jeans. You probably don't even need the red shirt for orientation since you won't be on the floor that day.

You can go buy a red shirt in any Target, Walmart, etc.
I needed my SS card from my old state sooner than anticipated so I had my dad expedite ship It here. I went out and got a red shirt & pants this evening because almost all my clothes are in storage, I was told over the call I needed to have the proper dress code for orientation tomorrow (reading online I didn’t think I’d need all that just yet for orientatio)
All I happen to have are black pants, & my red shirt I have had a graphic on it.

Usually the written schedule is just an ideal and they can change it based on your needs. They need to have some kind of schedule to give you at orientation but you’re like a “bonus person.”

They pressure you into working ASAP, The company really doesn’t care about you they just want you to work for them and not complain to them and etc. Good luck, Not everyone stays there or lasts. I’m bound to quit soon.

I personally think Target is a wonderful company but like all large company the distance between the mainline workers and corporate can be a problem. The decision makers really have no idea of how things actually work or/and they have to take care of investors. Within the stores you will have good and bad managers...this is the same at all companies IMHO.
Target provides many benefits...the credit union and 401k being two of the most valuable.

Didn’t you answer a question on how soon you could start when applying? i assume your orientation date would not be until after then, and I wouldn’t expect asking for time off right away is going to do much other than make them think you are going to be more bother than you are worth as an employee, especially if you applied with full time availability.

You will be given a training schedule at orientation and they can probably adjust it as needed. Training shifts are also usually not very long usually 5 hours so if possible id work work with what they got as best as possible. Seems like they might have a lot of new hires and had to plan ahead of time.

Didn’t you answer a question on how soon you could start when applying? i assume your orientation date would not be until after then, and I wouldn’t expect asking for time off right away is going to do much other than make them think you are going to be more bother than you are worth as an employee, especially if you applied with full time availability.
I did not actually, I reviewed my Applications & was basing my starting point off what was said during the interview of being 1-2 weeks I’d be starting if I was to be hired, but I definitely wasn’t expecting to be hired within 24 hours or them wanting me to start within 72 hours.
I’m happy to have the job, start soon and looking forward to it. It’s just I wish I had a bit more time right before starting. It was mentioned during my interview I just moved here aswell.

I needed my SS card from my old state sooner than anticipated so I had my dad expedite ship It here. I went out and got a red shirt & pants this evening because almost all my clothes are in storage, I was told over the call I needed to have the proper dress code for orientation tomorrow (reading online I didn’t think I’d need all that just yet for orientatio)
All I happen to have are black pants, & my red shirt I have had a graphic on it.

When I started, you wore non target clothes to the orientation, but now they have you wear red and khaki or blue jeans because after your orientation, you will have some training on the floor.

Back