Archived OSHA PREP?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I get that we have certain laws to abide by, and I know the cracks down is coming for good reason. But it seems like we're the only team being badgered and called out. I get that we have cooler doors. Prep room, and food safety on top of all the other requirements. But honestly I feel the approach is just not fair. We have had not only the ETL's but also LP coming in and just taking over our back room area for market. Then when they walk away, walking past multiple vehicles stacked way too high, 3tiers blocking fire doors from softlines, carseats in front of extinguisher's ... I dunno. Now I feel the need to call other team members of other teams out. Over the walkie. But then it's turning into she did this who did that. Instead of a peaceful day lol

So I get that we have certain laws to abide by, and I know the cracks down is coming for good reason. But it seems like we're the only team being badgered and called out. I get that we have cooler doors. Prep room, and food safety on top of all the other requirements. But honestly I feel the approach is just not fair. We have had not only the ETL's but also LP coming in and just taking over our back room area for market. Then when they walk away, walking past multiple vehicles stacked way too high, 3tiers blocking fire doors from softlines, carseats in front of extinguisher's ... I dunno. Now I feel the need to call other team members of other teams out. Over the walkie. But then it's turning into she did this who did that. Instead of a peaceful day lol
Myself and another tm who were supposed to be finishing up snack and candy transitions were told to drop everything and do a heavy cleaning on the entire back area of market. Which in theory yes. It needed to be done. And yes it feels much better. But was it necessary to not only take up 16 hours of payroll, ON MY TL DAY OFF. So he had no say in the matter.

But was it necessary to not only take up 16 hours of payroll, ON MY TL DAY OFF. So he had no say in the matter.
That's probably exactly WHY they did it when they did. So your TL couldn't stop them from stealing you away from your own tasks. Be prepared for a conversation to explain why you didn't get your own work done in his absence.

Oh they basically told him where he can stick it. He was NOT impressed, so many head shakes and long silences when ever I would bring up things that were said on his day off. And obviously they were not impressed by the state of the back room. And we simply agreed and fixed what was wrong. But they translated that into us blaming our TL when in all actuality THEY blame him. But we all know it just takes everyone doing their part AS THEY GO. The conversation I wasn't prepared for was when he came to us asking if we had issues with the way he leads us. It boils down to how much each individual cares . NOT his leadership. Point is not everyone is going to pick up the slack of others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back