Other closing leads struggling?

The success of a closing lead is highly dependent on the morning ETLs and TLs performance during the day. My store had a closing lead and she was overwhelmed daily. ETLs were working 9-5s, handing off then leaving regardless of how the store looked. She got tired of it and quit, now all the leaders are on closing rotation and they're starting to understand why. Watching the world burn from the AP office :cool:
Actually...dependency is upon the performance of all the morning workers/tm s up to the closing shift. I make it a point to pull/push 1F1 s in my dept before I leave at 4. Price changes allocated done.. My push is done. Please don't be one more ETL that doesn't see the TM.

Actually...dependency is upon the performance of all the morning workers/tm s up to the closing shift. I make it a point to pull/push 1F1 s in my dept before I leave at 4. Price changes allocated done.. My push is done. Please don't be one more ETL that doesn't see the TM.
Right. I think we're on the same side here, I'm just speaking from a higher scope. Cutting out your bias against ETLs, I am saying that the morning leadership team is responsible for handing off a somewhat manageable workload to the closing lead, leading through their own TMs of course. TMs won't work hard for careless leadership.

I will say you cant blame the morning leadership team for handing off a shit show. The problem with spot is the systems. When one system fails it is a snowball effect across the store. If the unload doesn't go well then maybe the gm team or style gets put behind. If the sfs team is behind then it takes away from the rest of the store. If market doesn't finish there push it will slow down the unload. If the night team doesn't finish there pulls there will be bigger pulls for the morning team or vice versa. Not to mention I've had plenty of times that the closing team has screwed over my unload. Using flats for OFOs and not pushing them, not doing a bail, leaving a salvage pallet and not putting it up and out of the way. Bringing over 5 pallets of sfs and leaving it on the dock. All these problems effect other teams, so if your struggling it is also affecting the rest of the store in the am which then leaves it for you to be struggling at night.
Sorry for the long rant.

I will say you cant blame the morning leadership team for handing off a shit show. The problem with spot is the systems. When one system fails it is a snowball effect across the store. If the unload doesn't go well then maybe the gm team or style gets put behind. If the sfs team is behind then it takes away from the rest of the store. If market doesn't finish there push it will slow down the unload. If the night team doesn't finish there pulls there will be bigger pulls for the morning team or vice versa. Not to mention I've had plenty of times that the closing team has screwed over my unload. Using flats for OFOs and not pushing them, not doing a bail, leaving a salvage pallet and not putting it up and out of the way. Bringing over 5 pallets of sfs and leaving it on the dock. All these problems effect other teams, so if your struggling it is also affecting the rest of the store in the am which then leaves it for you to be struggling at night.
Sorry for the long rant.
Not doing a bale is a big deal.

My Target is too lazy to train anyone how to do it.

Also half of the afternoon TMs are minors.

We had an previous ETL and TM that would probably do it a dozen times a week.

Last edited:
Not doing a bale is a big deal.

My Target is too lazy to train anyone how to do it.

Also half of the afternoon TMs are minors.

We had an previous ETL and TM that would probably do it a dozen times a week.
Yeah i has to explain that we have people pushing during the unload and its basically impossible to make a bale while the unload is happening because of its location

Yeah i has to explain that we have people pushing during the unload and its basically impossible to make a bale while the unload is happening because of its location

I don't mind not making a bale during the unload. What does drive me crazy is when all of former PP1 (Now, just GM) leaves without making a bale. Then former PP2 (Now Style - Home & Seasonal) comes in and we have to make the first bale of the day. I mean really? I haven't tossed a single piece of cardboard in the baler because I just fucking got here and I'm the one who has to make the bale? Fuck that.

I don't mind not making a bale during the unload. What does drive me crazy is when all of former PP1 (Now, just GM) leaves without making a bale. Then former PP2 (Now Style - Home & Seasonal) comes in and we have to make the first bale of the day. I mean really? I haven't tossed a single piece of cardboard in the baler because I just fucking got here and I'm the one who has to make the bale? Fuck that.
What im saying is that the location of our baler doesnt really allow for a bale to be made during the unload.

What can be hard and unfair for closing leads is morning leadership not planning the workload timely and effectively but etl’s still want x amount of work done so at 5 pm they all come together and formulate some stressful ass plan for the closing team to pick up the slack of dayside. This doesn’t happen everyday but it happens often in my store and yes it is also due to pilots and broken processes. Glad i’m getting my overtime approved over my peers otherwise I would lose it

Last edited:
Back