Other stores struggling with hours?

Last year my schedule was crazy during holiday season with me almost working 30 hours a week. This year everyone, especially Softlines are barely getting 16 hours a week. A co-worker of mine only have 9 hours for the week of THANKSGIVING/BLACK FRIDAY !!!
Is this happening anywhere else ?

My store is cutting a little but it’s not that bad. They only had to cut like 300 hours but we are all still averaging 30-40hr/week.

I was only scheduled for FIVE hours next week. Luckily, I was able to pick up some extra shifts, but five freaking hours during black friday week?!

My store's not that bad, I'm getting 30 to 35 hours per week but that's probably because a lot of experienced team members have quit over the past year so they have to give the remaining veterans the hours to "lead" the seasonals/newer team members.
At the front end, some seasonal team members are already being trained at guest services, which is kind of surprising but not unexpected.

Yep. Barely any hours for me and I'm used to 30+. Then again our store went over payroll by 500hrs???

Our store went over on payroll, but I have 47.5 hours next week and 49.5 the week after. I'm in Flex though, and we have specific OT just for us. I'm anticipating working even more.

We ended up overspending by about 70jsh hours last week. We were supposed to get our stress test but two days were normal and one was the lightest day all month. Missing sales and overstuffing for something that had no impact was super fun..

Kinda a worse case scenario here, sales have been slacking, we wasted on payroll to prepare for inventory, a bunch of payroll used to prepare for a bunch of visits the past couple weeks, additional seasonal hiring. They've needed to cut back.

We ended up overspending by about 70jsh hours last week. We were supposed to get our stress test but two days were normal and one was the lightest day all month. Missing sales and overstuffing for something that had no impact was super fun..
Wish that happened to us instead of 4K a day lol

38.5 this wek, 47.5 next week, 38.25 the week after

Store won't okay overtime for anyone, and is giving me 25 hours a week, but the swap board lets me solve the issue easily enough.

Meanwhile CEO announces another great quarter and stock price climbing. But lets cut hours. Guess bonus season is coming

Meanwhile CEO announces another great quarter and stock price climbing. But lets cut hours. Guess bonus season is coming
We’re spending 50 million more this Q4 in payroll than last year. Hours aren’t determined by stores and stores don’t get bonuses based on how much they cut. A store leadership gets their bonus if they MAKE payroll. They don’t get more money if they cut more hours. Trust me most stores would love to spend more hours

We appear to not have an issue with hours, as people are being overscheduled at my store. It's a bit nuts. Even with the hours we're still drowning in toys. Double trucks more days than not, even sometimes double FDC and we're running out of place to put stuff. All our our stockrooms are being taken over by toys backstock and we still have pallets of it everywhere. Corporate must have decided we're getting a lot of SFS orders or something this season, but it's not going to be terribly effective if we can't get the product located.

Back