Archived Our county is on fire. A cloud of smoke was in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
Our county suffered a drought, thunderstorm and then the worst air quality we have ever seen. We have breached AQI scale in the past few days, a normal day is somewhere around 40 and we hit 800.

The smoke was so bad that a cloud of it was in the store. Team members started to wear masks after they started to cough too much. I really feel bad for the poor cart attendent, that poor S.O.B. comes in and shakes the ash off. Apparently 30,000 acres went up in two days after 200 confirmed lightening Ss. I am now getting in the habit of wearing a mask at home.

Also, apparently, with lethal air quality comes a lot less sales. We aren't even coming close to making our sales goal each day.

I've been in that kind of situation.
Once had to change the air filter on my ex's car three times in one week because of ash from forest fires and spray down the windows on my trailer every day just to see out.
On the other hand the sunsets were really pretty.
Be careful and our prays are with you.

We can't see the sun, let alone the sunsets. It's high noon and I cannot even tell where it is coming from (other than up).

Our area suffered through this last yr.
When you could see them, the sunsets/sunrises were spectacular but the ash was he11. Several TMs lost their homes but none lost their lives, thankfully.
Thinking of you, Talan & hoping for the best.
Doing a rain dance, too.

I don't know what you did to get that much wind through the valley but it worked. Our air quality went from 1000+ to around 300. Still hazardous enough to set off our smoke alarms but let's us see six miles out.

I'm glad I could help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back