Archived Our Ipad was stolen already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who ever let it get lost needs to be put on a final and never allowed to touch equipment again. An example has to be set in this situation. These are iPads, not PDAs

TM watching GSA break took it up to the front end. Got change for a cashier...and left it at the drawer. Came back and was gone. Thing is that they didn't even take it for a price match, just wanted to show it off.

TM watching GSA break took it up to the front end. Got change for a cashier...and left it at the drawer. Came back and was gone. Thing is that they didn't even take it for a price match, just wanted to show it off.
Take it out of their next paycheck. See if they feel like 'showing off' ever again.

Had today off, wonder if we'll have one tomorrow when I get there.... Is this for all Target stores?

Who ever let it get lost needs to be put on a final and never allowed to touch equipment again. An example has to be set in this situation. These are iPads, not PDAs

Im pretty sure the PDAs cost just a tad more than the ipads if i remember correctly.

But yes never let them touch anything nice again.

As part of the new equipment roll out, stores are getting iPad's for price matching. Based upon store volume, most will receive only 1. Higher volume stores are receiving 2.

And yes, a PDA is more than an iPad ($500 vs $1200). Although the brand new ones with LED scanners and QRC scanning capabilities cost significantly more.

Nuke it you say?

*Walks over to Hardlinesmaster's doorstep*

I'll just go and leave this right here for you...

7jMT6OcGsUN.jpg

yes an ipad costs less, but I think the ipad has a higher chance of theft. Only certain people whould lift a pda, most people wouldnt be bothered with them. An ipad on the other hand just about everyone knows what that is and would probably swipe if they had the chance. There have been reports of people taking iphones right out of kids hands. So yeah, an unmanned ipad, Im not surprised at all that it went walking.

Keep it, the pilot ones we're testing suck. The range has been cut in half because of the LED scanner (no longer laser based obviously), very slow in RFApp's and there's a nasty keypad issue where if you type numbers too fast, it actually reverses the numbers you put in (like typing '49' for a DPCI results in '94' on the PDA.) Oh yeah, if you lose the network connection hopping between access points, it freezes and requires a warm boot.

The only good thing so far is that it works 10 times as fast in any web-based applications and the LED scanner emits a cross-hair ( + ) when squeezing the trigger.

Oh yeah, because of the brightness from the LED's, you can now use them as a personal self-defense weapon against any guests that decide to attack you and blind them for a short period of time while you escape.

Last edited:
Keep it, the pilot ones we're testing suck. The range has been cut in half because of the LED scanner (no longer laser based obviously), very slow in RFApp's and there's a nasty keypad issue where if you type numbers too fast, it actually reverses the numbers you put in (like typing '49' for a DPCI results in '94' on the PDA.) Oh yeah, if you lose the network connection hopping between access points, it freezes and requires a warm boot.

The only good thing so far is that it works 10 times as fast in any web-based applications and the LED scanner emits a cross-hair ( + ) when squeezing the trigger.
Then, take your I touch & get the same answer.

That reminds me, it has Windows 7 loaded on it. And the 'Boxy style' keyboard on the current L/PDA's have been replaced with a QWERTY keyboard on the screen.

That situation was brought up at huddle so we made code names when the iPad is needed an as a store we agreed on only gstl GSA etls tls or the lod can unlock it to try to prevent ours from the wrong hands but not to stop headaches from it lol

yes an ipad costs less, but I think the ipad has a higher chance of theft. Only certain people whould lift a pda, most people wouldnt be bothered with them. An ipad on the other hand just about everyone knows what that is and would probably swipe if they had the chance. There have been reports of people taking iphones right out of kids hands. So yeah, an unmanned ipad, Im not surprised at all that it went walking.

My point exactly. Just saying..... how many times have you found a PDA abandoned on the floor and a guest never touched it? how many times do you think that would happen with an iPad? It's not about the cost, it's about the probablility of theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back