Archived Our video games is nortoriously flexed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An aisle should never ever be flexed unless it is PTM. Period. Active merchandise, even if it is out, should always have a location.

The only exception to this is when, while scanning for outs, you come across a discontinued product that the system prompts you to flex over. In that case, you can flex something over that is next to it or pull a PTM batch from the back and fill those holes with product that doesn't already have a location.

Think of it this way: If you flex over an a time item, that label is no longer visible. And when Instocks comes through to do their scans, they're going to have non idea that there is an active merchandise label underneath that you have flexed over. So guess what? That item doesn't get scanned. And then we never get more of that product in.

So what happens when a TM, who isn't familiar with the process, just comes through and flexes over COD or Halo 4? We never receive it back in. Not good.

My Electronics department has been really bad about this in the past, because ETLs, who have no idea how Instocks works, just blaze through the department and say, "Oh there are a bunch of holes in these aisles. Flex something in!" not understanding the ramifications of doing just that. I've gotten into a day long argument with an ETL that told me to do just that. It involved getting the Instocks TL and her whole team over to Electronics to have a mini-huddle with the ETL and explain why that can't be done.

So please, guys: Unless the aisle is PTM, or the system prompts you, please don't flex :) It just means more work for the rest of us!

I feel the same. Unfortunately, our DTL does not. There cannot be any open spaces in the video games. That being said, I would love to teach them how to do it. .... yeah, never going to happen!

a solution for flexing is put a flex label(Price accuracy)holders on top of the real label for the product out of stock on. then, commincate these actions to the instocks, pricing, & electronics teams on what you are doing. you will get more d-code & active ncf products out of the backroom.

y store does this for endcaps only. Our ETLs and TLs want to do it for aisles as well, but it hasn't been implemented effectively on salesplanners yet, so Instocks refuses to let them.

y store does this for endcaps only. Our ETLs and TLs want to do it for aisles as well, but it hasn't been implemented effectively on salesplanners yet, so Instocks refuses to let them.

We've been doing it for over a year. As an IStm I'll tell you that it works fabulously.

We've been doing it for over a year. As an IStm I'll tell you that it works fabulously.

Well my instocks team sucks. Anytime they scan a peg and it comes up discontinued, they just flip the label and move on. I don't know who ever told them to do that, but thankfully I was told "It'll be a focus after the holidays."

our store flexes video games like crazy, soooo thats why electronics/entertainment are in charge of their own weekly revisions. plano isnt wasting hours to go over there every week, to fix it and have it destroyed in a few hours by a trigger happy flexmaster.

Well my instocks team sucks. Anytime they scan a peg and it comes up discontinued, they just flip the label and move on. I don't know who ever told them to do that, but thankfully I was told "It'll be a focus after the holidays."

When scanning an item the IS team gets a prompt to "replace label". Some stores direct their tm's to flip the labels and others will make a new label and flex the item next to it.

We are not allowed to backstock d-code video games at our store. I am also an electronics TM & the flexing is a MUST to keep our store BRAND. We cover POG label & use flip label to flex. When the backroom fills w/ right item they just pull out games & flip labels & give it to us to put away. Doing this let us sell alot of d-code games at christmas when $$$ is tight or ppl looking for b-day party gifts. We have no other choice. We have over 150 d-code NOP games. My support won't research to mark down. Instead they gave u a generic POG locating items on a back endcap. 150 games will NOT fit on the shelf much less faceing forward.

When scanning an item the IS team gets a prompt to "replace label". Some stores direct their tm's to flip the labels and others will make a new label and flex the item next to it.

Yes, we are directed to do that and if possible flex something in it's place. However, the flexing in video games is preventing proper research. If you flex dcode in an active product location, we will never get it in.

Use the flip label from pricing. It is my Salesfloor way of communicating to others, that item was flexed.

That's our was communicating to Research the "incorrect game is there" we use flip label AND cover the label of "right" game blank. Probably a pain for them to have to move blank labels for a quick scan BUT if enought ppl complain maybe those D-codes will mark down!

We are a "D" volume store and we get no games in comparison with other stores and we had to come up with a solution to the flexing crisis because of it (We get two to four copies of all games in stock at all times except for random huge amounts of stupid games). We go entire months with no copies of CoD:BOII incoming because distribution is the single greatest disaster since the titantic.

We started to use the shelve price cut flag holders to put under the empty game holders so that the research can still be done, the label is safe and can be reused or moved instantly and corporate approved it.

EDIT: Of course this has already been suggested...

Use the flip label from pricing. It is my Salesfloor way of communicating to others, that item was flexed.

That's our was communicating to Research the "incorrect game is there" we use flip label AND cover the label of "right" game blank. Probably a pain for them to have to move blank labels for a quick scan BUT if enought ppl complain maybe those D-codes will mark down!
to clarify:
we do use blank labels under the flip labels. we leave enough room for the original barcode to be scanned quickly without moving the blank label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back