Archived Out of front end basics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ran out of receipt paper today. I'm on break now, but all we have left is what's currently in the registers. Wonder how guests are going to react if we run out before we get more in.

We ran out of receipt paper today. I'm on break now, but all we have left is what's currently in the registers. Wonder how guests are going to react if we run out before we get more in.

Very badly, because you cannot do transactions without receipt paper, so the store would have to close. If you had a truck today and there's none on the supply pallet, I hope you have stores near by you can borrow from.

Start taking rolls from seldom-used locations but remember to leave the covers open so others will avoid using the registers.

Also check with pharmacy. Ours always takes an entire box so they don't have to keep coming up for more.

Luckily we have like 10 stores in short driving distance. GSTL handed me a fresh roll, so I assume they took care of the problem.

I would love it if we could start offering to email receipts.

I would love it if we could start offering to email receipts.

No. Just no. The cashiers I have couldn't handle that. As it is now if it's tax exempt or they have to type in the info for a Redcard I have to come do it because they can't handle the typing. Too many of them would get the email address wrong.

Or it would go to the guest's spam folder and the guest would never find it and would blame us for not getting a receipt when they need to do a return.

Which, of course, could be our fault or the guest's fault. I can't tell you how many flex orders I get where the guest tells me they never got a receipt. So it could go either way and be sheer hell.

Last year we didn't get the big red bags until the day before Christmas. The year before that we got pallets of them used them until almost Easter. but they had no holes to hang them. It was real annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back