Archived Out of front end basics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of my LOD shift yesterday I went to grab daily supplies for the front end to stage on a tub for the closing GSTL to grab at the beginning of her shift, walked into my backroom, no supplies... Well shit. Is anyone else back ordered? I pulled up the order reports our HR TM saves and he's been placing orders every week for these supplies (bags, printer paper, etc) yet we haven't received a delivery in about a week and a half. I didn't realize it because the GSTL used our Q4 stash I had located in receiving to supplement this. A cashier had mentioned seeing new plastic bags at other stores and when she asked them they stated they hadn't used the bags we've been ordering for weeks. Is there a new bag type my store should be ordering? Can I escalate these orders in any way? I called a few local stores and they have no issue with us borrowing a pallet of supplies, but they want to wait until Monday to see what they get in. My front end team and GSTL have enough stress from driving red cards, I'd like to keep this from affecting them.

Bags really just depend on the DC it seems like. My last bag order wasn't here after 1.5 weeks so I ordered a new pallet... both orders arrived on the same truck.

For the most part just try to keep everything ordered for at least 2 weeks out, and start stockpiling thermal tape / large bags for Black Friday.

We've got a bunch of everything except for Redcard apps. We are completely out, and right now we just have a barcode taped to each register to just scan to start the application. Not entirely sure just how much we have left of everything else since I haven't been to our storeroom in a couple of weeks.

They should check their emails just incase the orders are being cancelled for some off the wall reason. I'd also check the eta on SAP for products. I know some things are a couple months out.

Front end supply ordering is...fun...

I do the front end ordering. Basically we order the supplies, and then they come whenever the DC feels like sending them. If we run out in the meantime, well, that's our problem...certainly not the DC for not sending the stuff.

Kinda sorta related... who ever picked the new bathroom tissues dispensers and rolls should be hunted down and made to use it for the rest of their life.

Idk about your store, but I like the new TP dispensers at mine. They're the big ones that you usually find in public restrooms, and they actually last a while.

Kinda sorta related... who ever picked the new bathroom tissues dispensers and rolls should be hunted down and made to use it for the rest of their life.
Yeh, the last time I was in the restroom the toilet rolls looked scarcely wider than receipt tape.
Talk about narrow.

Bags really just depend on the DC it seems like. My last bag order wasn't here after 1.5 weeks so I ordered a new pallet... both orders arrived on the same truck.

For the most part just try to keep everything ordered for at least 2 weeks out, and start stockpiling thermal tape / large bags for Black Friday.
What is themal tape used for? Is this used with the bags? Do you guys get any bigger bags than the normal everyday big bags? You've piqued my interest....the big bags never seem to be big enough during the holidays.

We are out of bags...

Wow! I thought it was just us!

"Guests" are getting pissed over the large bags.

We are out of bags...

Wow! I thought it was just us!

"Guests" are getting pissed over the large bags.

It's the opposite here, we have only one or two rolls of large bags (the ones that you can't hang from the registers)

What is themal tape used for?
It's thermal paper, actually; aka receipt tape.
The registers use a thermal bar for printing & the paper is pressure-sensitive.
The only ink ribbon is for the check printer. Now's about the time to go thru & change 'em for Q4.

As soon as we got bags in we always ordered more and twice as much as we needed. This time of year supplies get scarce and we got tired of borrowing bags from another store.. lol.

The last Q4 I was in the lanes we ordered so many boxes of receipt tape one year that we stacked it up & down a wall in the TMSC area.
We also had three pallets of bags up in the steel & cases of Catalina ink cartridges & paper.
We had enough to not only make it thru Q4 but to help out a few sister stores.
It wasn't until the NEXT year that they realized what all I took care of in the lanes.

I remember we ran out of those promo/generic Target Gift Cards a few times. GSTL said that they were ordered but I took a couple tries to actually get some in. At one point we were using the ones that guests load with the designs on them. But from my understanding that was frowned upon because of the cost of those cards.

I remember we ran out of those promo/generic Target Gift Cards a few times. GSTL said that they were ordered but I took a couple tries to actually get some in. At one point we were using the ones that guests load with the designs on them. But from my understanding that was frowned upon because of the cost of those cards.
Those are auto ordered. Stores don't have any control over those.

Those are auto ordered. Stores don't have any control over those.

Probably misunderstood what the GSTL was saying then. I thought they were order at the store level. Does the same happen then with the other non-target gift cards like itunes or restaurant cards?

Probably misunderstood what the GSTL was saying then. I thought they were order at the store level. Does the same happen then with the other non-target gift cards like itunes or restaurant cards?
Electronics may have your iTunes & food card in their stockroom. Sometimes, electronics tm's are too lazy to take them up front. I take them along batteries & movies up front all the time.

Front end supplies are always ordered ahead of time, brand supplies on the other hand seems to be always low. I remember we had 2 days of no toilet seat covers, that was interesting to hear the guest complaints.

Front end supplies are always ordered ahead of time, brand supplies on the other hand seems to be always low. I remember we had 2 days of no toilet seat covers, that was interesting to hear the guest complaints.

Hah!

We don't even have toilet seat covers at my store.

:(

Electronics may have your iTunes & food card in their stockroom. Sometimes, electronics tm's are too lazy to take them up front. I take them along batteries & movies up front all the time.
Most of the giftcard have different UPC's and DPCI's depending on their locations. The ones up front are almost always different DPCI's than the ones in music or stationary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back