Archived Out of the trenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats!
Hope it works out well enough that you can eventually drop the backup option.
Another one set free......
*dabs eyes with a hankie*

Congratulations.
Always glad to see folks doing well.

thanks everyone, ill of course stick around the boards to answer questions where I can

Way to go, Flow!

Also, surprising as it may seem, good on you for keeping Spot part-time! A couple years ago I snagged a full-time while at Spot; a year later when forces of the universe converged and made the full-time thing no longer feasible ( or frankly, profitable ), I was glad I'd iignored all the people who said I was crazy to stay when I was able to up my hours.

( Not that I dispute my insanity, mind you, I just don't think that decision was direct evidence of my craziness. )

Best of luck, and enjoy your new gig!

Way to go, Flow!

Also, surprising as it may seem, good on you for keeping Spot part-time! A couple years ago I snagged a full-time while at Spot; a year later when forces of the universe converged and made the full-time thing no longer feasible ( or frankly, profitable ), I was glad I'd iignored all the people who said I was crazy to stay when I was able to up my hours.

( Not that I dispute my insanity, mind you, I just don't think that decision was direct evidence of my craziness. )

Best of luck, and enjoy your new gig!

Thanks! thats part of my reason for keeping it as a backup. one of my co workers was fired from his main job so he was able to open his availability up while he searched for a new one and is back down to just a day or 2 again with a new full time job which of course pays much better than Target but its always good to know you have that security there.

I am officially free, even working just 1 night a week it got to be too much hassle for me, coupled with the dropping of part time insurance (my avg hours were over 20 still from last year) it just didnt make sence for me to keep working for a company that obviously gave up caring about its employees at all

Congrats. It must be nice for you to have your soul back. I'm still waiting for the day in which I get my parole hearing and the board finally agrees to parole me.

Jack, you really need to quit or get over it. It can't be healthy for you to be so unhappy. Not trying to sound harsh.

Jack, you really need to quit or get over it. It can't be healthy for you to be so unhappy. Not trying to sound harsh.

This is why I quit, I used to love my job its just been the last 2ish years that Target started to suck the life out of me mainly with the changes that came through scraping hours to nothing so we couldnt finish (our store used to pride its self on coming clean from every single truck and we were the envy of every store in our district because of this)

Trust me I would quit in a heart beat but my personal circumstances are out of my control. The lease is up at my current sleeping place and I have no idea where I will be sleeping and living in April. I would love to quit but it would be stupid to do it right now. I would have quit years ago but my mom basically kicked me out and made get my own place. I stayed at that place for about 2 and a half years. At first I hated it but I adapted and I liked the freedom and privacy even though the place was a dump. Fast forward to last year, I got quilt tripped into moving into a house with siblings and was told "you will savemoney ". The whole thing is a disaster and I regret ever doing it. And for money, I have saved a whopping 50 dollars for my car fund. My family is toxic and a bad influence.

Work towards your goal of getting a better paying job that doesn't drive you crazy. In the meantime, maybe find a new hobby or spend some time pursuing one of your favorite pastimes or whatever. You may find that you can better deal with the stresses of work and how much you hate Target if you aren't constantly fixated on the stresses of work and how much you hate Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back