Archived Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSAhole

Former GSA
So at my store, the GSA's/GSTL's have to 4x4 the checklanes every day. Rather annoying when you're trying to run the lanes but hey, Target. Anyhow, when they first implemented the 4x4 at the checklanes thing, I was shown how to shoot outs by a salesfloor TL, but she did it using Research? My Instocks TL told me not to do that, and to just scan it and hit "fill from stockroom" and enter whatever amount I needed (not that it seems to really matter because there's never anything back there when I need it).

Can someone please enlighten me on what the proper procedure is for this? I'm a total dummy when it comes to instocks.

When using a my device, use the fill option. When finish scanning all labels, hit the person in the circle to close the batch for your 4 foot section. 2nd option is to grab the product from the sales floor depending on what the item is.

When are you doing the 4x4s? The backroom is timed on pulling research batches so if you were dropping batches while they're still pulling the morning autos, it puts them on the rough spot. ITM batches (from the fill option) are to my knowledge, not timed. So I'd scan, create the batch and let the backroom know which one it is.

@Circle9 we are told to complete them in the morning before 9 am, but that never happens. Its a joke. Mine usually don't get completed until about 1 pm, because I'm constantly being pulled away from the task. But now I think I see the reason behind it... instocks tl probably wants me to use the fill option so it won't be timed, correct?

@Circle9 we are told to complete them in the morning before 9 am, but that never happens. Its a joke. Mine usually don't get completed until about 1 pm, because I'm constantly being pulled away from the task. But now I think I see the reason behind it... instocks tl probably wants me to use the fill option so it won't be timed, correct?

Most likely. When we 4x4 at my store, we're supposed to research items that are out of stock, but if it's in the back, I just drop a fill batch.

If you're not sure, ask.

That's probably it then. At my store the morning autos aren't all pulled until 7-8a then on non-truck days the backroom has to go push them. Instocks doesn't start scanning until ~8a at the earliest so the backroom isn't focused on looking for research batches for a while yet.

And if you're pressed for time on covering up outs up front, there's always flexing with a printer and some flip labels. In that case maybe partner with instocks/backroom on making sure the actual product gets out there sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back