Archived over the $9.00 minimum pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
While I'm pretty certain that the rule on the pay increase won't change, does anyone else wonder if there are upper level management people that feel bad about the decision that was made not to increase the pay grade for people already making the $9.00 minimum?

Or, do you suppose that no one really cares?

Based on what I've seen, the only person at my store who really seems to care (aside from TMs) is the HR TL. No one else in an executive position that I've asked seen to really care.

Although, they probably should; a couple of TMs have made it no secret that they plan to give their 2 weeks.

Based on what I've seen, the only person at my store who really seems to care (aside from TMs) is the HR TL. No one else in an executive position that I've asked seen to really care.

Although, they probably should; a couple of TMs have made it no secret that they plan to give their 2 weeks.

Doesn't matter if they quit. Store management doesn't care. Management will just have the remaining workers do the extra work whether or not that means giving additional hours to do the extra work, I dunno. Eventually a new person will be hired and will likely be paid less than the person they have replaced. Repeat cycle.

Sorry, @pellinore , as a former HRTL I can honestly say the ETLs, STL, and above usually don't give a crap. I am a very sypathetic person, but that's me. Basically, the way it was told to me was "if they don't like it, they don't have to work here." At least, with the last few wage increases, this was the overall attitude. I am sure the mentality hasn't changed.

Doesn't matter if they quit. Store management doesn't care. Management will just have the remaining workers do the extra work whether or not that means giving additional hours to do the extra work, I dunno. Eventually a new person will be hired and will likely be paid less than the person they have replaced. Repeat cycle.

Oh, I know. It's just that my particular store seems to have a fairly high turnover rate and many (if not most) of the TMs would be willing to quit. I just wonder what would happen if a large number of TMs gave their 2 weeks in a short timeframe?

they don't care.

Target got the pr bump from the raise and no media will care to talk about employee hours cut or how many people quit. A new hire off the street at $9 costs less than an experienced TM with higher pay and benefits.

This raise actually got me to crawl out of my rut and leave.

While I'm pretty certain that the rule on the pay increase won't change, does anyone else wonder if there are upper level management people that feel bad about the decision that was made not to increase the pay grade for people already making the $9.00 minimum?

Or, do you suppose that no one really cares?

Not sure what you mean. My paygrade was already over $9.00, and it WAS increased.

I made $9.50, after review I make $10.30, base for my paygrade rose from $9.15 to $10.00.

We're all gonna be rich!

28s8njt.jpg

Not sure what you mean. My paygrade was already over $9.00, and it WAS increased.

I made $9.50, after review I make $10.30, base for my paygrade rose from $9.15 to $10.00.
Then you are lucky. My old base was 9.03. Plus $1 for pa pay. I got a .40 merit raise. I now make 10.43. Asshole who had been doing pa for a year now also makes 10.xx. for years of blood sweat and years flushed down the toilet in this bullshit. I'm hoping enough tms complain on social media to push for a base pay adjustment for everyone, not just those below $9.

My base may have actually been 9.50 before, not 9.15, not really sure.

Min wage rose to $8.15 here when I made under $8.15, so I made $8.15 after that, then randomly a few months later bumped to $8.50, then to $9.50 when moved from cashier to GSA.

I thought cashier base was raised to $8.50, but found out since being GSA that there are cashiers that made $8.15 before this review as opposed to the $8.50 I expected they made. I got a $1.00 raise when GSA, but unsure if GSA base was $9.15 ($1.00 over the $8.15 some cashiers still made) or $9.50. It's definitely $10.00 though now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back