Archived Over your shoulders overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in my experience trying to give creative criticism, without rancor or whining, carefully thought out, with words chosen for maximum effect leads to a gentle pat on the head and being shown the door.

There have been TL who have made an effort to follow through on changes that were brought to their attention but without any support from above there wasn't much they could do.
One even explained that there were ETL's who wanted to do what was needed as well but couldn't get past the people even higher up but to me that feels kind of hollow.

If they did that to my store, guaranteed backroom accident report will go down to zero.

And in my experience trying to give creative criticism, without rancor or whining, carefully thought out, with words chosen for maximum effect leads to a gentle pat on the head and being shown the door.

Ain't that the truth? Well said! The Polyanna Approach is not going to work anymore!

i've learned at my years at spot that if you give positive feedback on best team surveys, chat sessions, etc, then they just take that as a greenlight to cut cut cut. Being negative and upset seems to discourage them slightly. Same thing in this thread!

Good thing they toss the outliers :)

Amen to that! I just wish i could convince my *new* Ptl that the times given to use are not quite what expectations should be. Our old Ptl went BACK to backroom, so we're stuck with a new TL who seems to think everything on paper works out in real life.

I'm confused as to why people seem to think this is a bad thing.

So we spent a little money to have outside observers come in and confirm what we've been telling HQ all along--WE DON'T GET ENOUGH HOURS! At least this shows that HQ is hearing what we're saying and is making the effort to see if there's really a problem.

Unless the stores that are being observed are filled with slackers, I suspect this will turn out to be a good thing, not a bad one.

They should have been with us trying to set Small Appliances today. UGH. 5 hours per POG my ass.

Ain't that the truth? Well said! The Polyanna Approach is not going to work anymore!
Wow - is this ever the truth!! My observations are that it seems that the more confrontational and/or rude one is the more attention is paid to that tm - and not even in a negative or needing coaching way. I have always taken the time to think through what I want to say and to offer solutions rather than just ***** and moan about "opportunities" - now it just seems that nobody wants to hear about anything other than what their supervisor tells them to think. There's a hand up everyone's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back