Overtime help

I accidentally got 15 minutes of overtime. Am I going to get in trouble? It’s not like I was trying to get over time. Someone give me some advice. My HR person told me I wasn’t going to get in trouble. But I’m nervous.

I accidentally got 15 minutes of overtime. Am I going to get in trouble? It’s not like I was trying to get over time. Someone give me some advice. My HR person told me I wasn’t going to get in trouble. But I’m nervous.
You will be talked about it. Just make sure you put a timer on your phone. Let your leader know that you need to leave if they ask for additional time.

The team members at my store blame the guest for getting overtime. "Oh I'm 5 minutes into overtime because I was stopped by a guest and helped them get an item".

Just apologize, and tell them it won't happen again.

You will get written up either way . Just put a timer and say sorry I need to clock out

Take it has learning experience. Don't do it again without approval. Watch the walls at tsc for the lists of folks approaching overtime.

Depends on the store. I’ve hit OT by a few minutes too many times and have never been talked to about it luckily or written up. Did anyone tell you to make sure you don’t hit OT? Did you work past schedule without being asked? One time and I think you’ll be fine honestly. Probably a “try to be more conscious of your time” talk.

My store is deadly serious about it. You'll probably get a warning (called a coaching) that isn't a formal write up. If it happens again, it will be a formal write up.

I'm not a cashier, so advice may not apply, but try to either take a 35 minute lunch every day or leave 5 minutes early (if you're going to come close to 40 hours.) It'll give you an extra 25 minutes a week to play with.

Do you mean you got 15 minutes beyond a 40 hour work week? Or that you got 15 minutes beyond your schedule but you were scheduled for less than 40?

Do not do this . As the temp check adds at the end of the week. Take your 45 minutes lunch if you are in a 5th hour state
I'm guessing Fluttervale is in a 30 minute meal store, same as me. Think they were advocating taking five minutes longer for meal.

I'm in a 5th hour state too. Some states are five hours, some are six, some get 30 minutes, some get 45. I believe they are separate issues.

Do not do this . As the temp check adds at the end of the week. Take your 45 minutes lunch if you are in a 5th hour state

Yeah I am in a 5th hour state but only get 30 for a meal. I have found bits of OT and how you are approached about depends on who is doing it. People who bust their ass and get shit done.. Nothing is said. Those that don't bust ass, yeah you will get talked to about it.. No one has ever said anything to me, about a 1/2hr here or there at the end of the week. Vendors had to get checked in, trucks unloaded or orders had to get picked and that batch finished.

Yeah I am in a 5th hour state but only get 30 for a meal. I have found bits of OT and how you are approached about depends on who is doing it. People who bust their ass and get shit done.. Nothing is said. Those that don't bust ass, yeah you will get talked to about it.. No one has ever said anything to me, about a 1/2hr here or there at the end of the week. Vendors had to get checked in, trucks unloaded or orders had to get picked and that batch finished.
I sure hope so . Because all they have to do is just say hey you hit overtime and with that alone they can just put it in workday. Or maybe you are lucky and your store doesn’t mind spending the ot.

I'm guessing Fluttervale is in a 30 minute meal store, same as me. Think they were advocating taking five minutes longer for meal.

I'm in a 5th hour state too. Some states are five hours, some are six, some get 30 minutes, some get 45. I believe they are separate issues.
You could be right . However I know I took a 35 minutes lunch and still went ot for the day because of the temp check , perimeter check and other temp check.

You could be right . However I know I took a 35 minutes lunch and still went ot for the day because of the temp check , perimeter check and other temp check.
Ah there's another issue - some states pay OT if you go over eight hours, and some, like mine, don't. Over 40 hours a week is OT in my state.

I sure hope so . Because all they have to do is just say hey you hit overtime and with that alone they can just put it in workday. Or maybe you are lucky and your store doesn’t mind spending the ot.

Their choice, they would rather not unload all those box pallets that come in, cause they know I can leave or the receiver can leave and they get stuck unloading the truck. That is what it boils down to, they would rather pay out the money not out of their pocket or do the work.. My leadership will take the lazy way out and pay the money..

We have overtime pending sheets at the TSC with how much the TM is projected to go over and when they will need to clock out at the end of the week if they still have projected overtime by that point.

AFAIK, Cali is the only state that adds time to your hours for temp checks.

We're a 30 minute state and OT is only if you work over 40 a week here. Sorry. Advice is state dependant.

It is a separate line item on your paycheck. It doesn’t add on top of how many hours you work. You’ll just get paid 3 additional minutes for every shift you work.
So, not added to hours like perimeter check is?

Back