Archived P-Fresh and Super Target ?s if I may :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I happened to see that as many non Super Targets in our area do a number of guest comments that we convert more stores to Super Targets and I just got to wondering if anyone happens to know the threshold in terms of volume and sales for consideration? Our store is nowhere close I know being a ULV but an area store was recently bumped to a B volume store and I was curious if corp has a rough number for conversion into a Super Target from GM or P-Fresh? Thanks all!

We're ULV and our remodel/p-fresh keeps getting pushed back year after year. It makes me wonder if Spot is waiting to see if our store is worth keeping around.

Eh, there are lots of factors of being turned into a Super Target. My store was an A volume GM store and a AA volume after our pfresh remodel. We can't physically expand any more due to the required parking spaces needed. So for my store, the only way they can get a Super Target built would be to build a brand new store on a new site. Also, my STL says that Target is moving away from Super Targets in most markets as they are less profitable per square foot than a GM with pfresh.

Not to mention local market conditions may not be conducive for a grocery expansion in the first place. Will there be very stiff competition? Will the local neighborhoods fight the expansion?

For target, P-fresh seems to be the right idea rather then a huge supercenter. I never been to a super Target, but seen photos online. It just doesnt seem to be like target having a huge grocery section. Walmart on the other hand is starting to build more Neighborhood markets instead of super stores. These are simply grocery only stores with a pharmacy and a small selection of household goods and many don't even look like a typical walmart

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24778615@N08/7318321756/in/photostream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back