Archived P-Fresh Resize

Status
Not open for further replies.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
I just went into the local store near my work, and it seems PFresh had a major reset to being something much smaller. A lot of the shelves are holding expansive locations of items.

1 whole 6' section of just regular Oreos.

There used to be both sides of the aisle for chips. Now its compacted into half of one aisle, with bulk cookies and MP snacks taking up the reset.

A lot of the powdered drink sticks are going clearance.

More lunch meat/juices and now moved from the open coolers to the door coolers.

Frozen dinner selection shrank. There are more unknown brands, and 1 cooler section committed to just Weight Watchers/Lean Cuisines.

Is this the same with all PFreshs

Last edited:
Not all p-Freshes; I heard about 400 got the transition? We had ours last month. I don't really pay attention to dry market since I don't work in that section, but I DO like how the perishables turned out. It's nice to have more space for yogurt (means less to fill when yogurt goes on sale which it does frequently) and less freezer to zone is ALWAYS a good thing in my book. :p

Another round of right-sizing?

our cheese and hotdogs and whatnot flipped from open coolers to our freezers so now theres one less freezer. We are always a test store though. We've done everything besides the Pet cooler so far, and I think that would be pointless at our store anyway.. so good call :)

The evol chipolte chicken mac and cheese is pretty good. The cilantro chicken lime burrito is okay and so is some of the new light blue Lean Cuisine dinners.

Can't wait to see what changes there are in dry.

Last edited:
Old picture from one of the pilot stores.

F5atFdT.jpg

Old picture from one of the pilot stores.
F5atFdT.jpg

I like those coolers. The units themselves look really sharp. I don't like that produce is merchandised in them though. I much prefer the look of the produce open case.

Yeah, doesn't the stuff gotta breathe? We have open coolers in the horseshoe area and closed coolers along the back wall and the aisles.

Pfresh layouts are different for all stores. In mine, milk and cheese is behind doors. In one I've been in, they are not.

Sigh, I wish we had the huge bakery and fruit gondolas. I love my snacks although it's probably a pain to date everything.

So are we talking pFresh or all of the consumables. I have not read anything about fresh meat and produce in this thread. We had a grocery transition and a lot changed bit not much in pFresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back