Archived P Fresh routines

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a new CTL for my store currently about 3 months in. Prior to receiving the position my team was without a lead for a good 2 months. Routines were out of whack and everything was a mess. Since coming on we have improved significantly which is a plus! One thing that I have been attempting to continue improving however are the routines and how to get them done efficiently. It seems like the PFresh team from the store I was trained at had it made. Working with the PA on a daily basis not once did we ever have to fill milk, push ANY cafs, backstock, etc. Basically the I guess less demanding work was never done by her. I remember asking who is doing this stuff on the checklist we don't seem to be incorporating into the training and getting back a "oh someone else does it". THEN I get to my store and my team does everything on the routines and then some (how I'm guessing some other stores may go about doing things?). I know different variables are going to impact how processes/routines get completed, but can some of you guys give me a rundown on how you complete your opening/mid/closing shifts? I want to assist my team and make some changes by perhaps taking ideas from what may be provided. I currently have 2 PA's and 2 Team Members to work with. Also, it would be super helpful for other CTL's or even TM's familiar with Market scheduling at their store could shoot some ways things are scheduled as well.

What is your store volume? That could have an effect on your routines and scheduling.

At my high volume store:
We always have an opening PA & a closing PA. On some instances we will have a mid-shift. The opener comes in at 6 AM, mid will come in at 8, closer will come in at 1:30 on Sunday, and 2:30 the rest of the week.

Opening routine:
Morning cull, followed immediately by the sales floor SDA. Let LOD know the Sales floor SDA is done. Then work on the auto-fills. After that it can vary. We occasionally have sales planners to set (once a month). Maybe a certain food need stocked. Maybe we are out of something, so we have to flex. And of course helping guests. Basically just fill and help til 11 when CAFs start dropping. Then work on those.

Closing routine:
Come in, status with opening PA. From there, work on pulls until huddle, then go to lunch. About 2 hours before close, go through the nightly cull. Have trash by the compactor no later than an hour before close. Fill & flex, and also zone until you go home.

The only thing that is different with opening routines is on truck days, the PA will usually take care of the meat pallet, as well as eggs & specialty milk while everyone else works on the main items. Anything that may not get done in the morning is left for the closing PA to attempt to work out during the evening (eg, bagged salads still need worked, see what you can get out). Closing PA also may help backstock on truck days, depending on number of people on truck in the morning.

Hope this helps. I've only been a PA for a few weeks, but I've had a great group around me that helped me learn the routines rather quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back