Archived Paid and Left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for my fellow Service Desk TMs!

What's the process for paid and lefts?

I know how to ring the left items and log it in the paid and left binder, but what do you do if the guest comes back?

If you still have the items at GS do you just give them to them? What do you do if the items are no longer in the bin?

If the guest comes back and it's still in the bin you give it to them. If it has already been logged you will scan the receipt that prints out when you log the items. I believe it will then have you scan the guest receipt and the guest will get a gift card for the price of the items.

That's what I thought but I've never actually processed one in which the guest has actually returned! Another question, how long are you supposed to retain the items in the paid and left bin?

At our store as soon as we log them as paid and left we sort them out into the carts. Nothing is in that bin after store close.

We ring up the items; if they are perishables, we log them and defect them. Otherwise, they are logged and retained for two days. After the second day, we return the items to stock and file the P&L receipt. if the guest returns with a receipt after the two day period,we either replace the item or we refund the $$. If a guest comes in and for whatever reason, the items are taken to GS, if the $$ is less than $25, we take the guest's word. if it's a high ticket item, we go to AP for a camera look. We can usually tell if the items were picked up by another guest or if the guest alleging the P&L carried the items out with him/her.

I've never been told anything about scanning the P&L receipt. We just file them away. It never made sense that we receipted the item and never cancelled it out after a guest picked up his stuff. But I think I'd want a refund rather than a gift card.

Can't wait to try that and share the info with my ETL.

You go into functions (think it's K5 if I remember correctly) and select paid and left, then go to payouts (K2 I think), scan the guests receipt, then scan the paid and left receipt, then scan a gift card and give it to them. It's pretty simple.

We tag all paid and lefts with receipt paper saying "Loc found, Time/Date" and place them in the paid and left bin for 24 hours. The following day at store close, we process all of the previous day's paid and lefts into the Log binder, then sort them into reshop carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back