Archived Paid time off

Status
Not open for further replies.
This coming September 2015, marks two years working at target. I look on EHR and says I have "1 week and 0 days" of paid vacation. Under it shows:

image.jpg
So since I'm in the 5 year and under mark, does that mean if I don't use that 1 week until my 5 year mark it will be 2 weeks? Or is 1 week my max until I use it?

You can accrue & save up to 2 weeks of vay cay before you start losing it.
Until you hit the 5 year mark, you can only save 2 weeks before it stops accruing so when you start getting close, use it before you lose it.
When you hit the 5 yr mark, you can save up to 4 weeks before it stops accruing.
You can use a few hrs a week as long as it doesn't exceed your avg hrs. Ex: avg is 36 hrs but you only have 30 this week so you can request 6 hrs of vay cay to be added to your check. It not only supplements your paycheck but it keeps you from hitting the accrual limit.

You can accrue & save up to 2 weeks of vay cay before you start losing it.
Until you hit the 5 year mark, you can only save 2 weeks before it stops accruing so when you start getting close, use it before you lose it.
When you hit the 5 yr mark, you can save up to 4 weeks before it stops accruing.
You can use a few hrs a week as long as it doesn't exceed your avg hrs. Ex: avg is 36 hrs but you only have 30 this week so you can request 6 hrs of vay cay to be added to your check. It not only supplements your paycheck but it keeps you from hitting the accrual limit.

Okay I somewhat see. So I will be gaining another week of vacation before the 5 year mark, and when I do, it will stop accusing, correct? And once I do use those 2 week vacation before the 5 years, do I restart or do I wait a certain time until I can accumulate more?

You accrue so many hrs of vay cay for each week you work; you can look at past pay stubs to see how it adds up so that's an ongoing thing.
If you took a week off & used up all your vay cay, you would still be accruing it when you returned to work.
When you see that it's getting close to 80 hrs, you'll want to start using some to keep it accumulating.
@Hardlinesmaster: He can't exceed 80 hrs or he'll stop accumulating vay cay pay.

Thanks so much everyone for your fast and great answers.

What understood was: I will still have 1 more week (hours) until i max out. Once I get close, I should take those vacation hours and when I come back I will start earning them right away

What understood was: I will still have 1 more week (hours) until i max out. Once I get close, I should take those vacation hours and when I come back I will start earning them right away
Take some off..do it before 4th quarter.

By Jove....he's GOT it!

That screenshot shows that you are ELIGIBLE for 1 week of vacation. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have accrued it yet.

Your actual amount of vacation accrued is on your paystub at the top. It will list the vacation hours that you have available next to Vac Available.

Good point.
Check the stub.
You might have personal holidays as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back