Archived Parking Lot Antics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guest bought a picnic table. DPCI: 009-00-0400. Yeah, it's the giant one. The cart attendant was waiting outside for 15 minutes in the snow and they still hadn't showed up, so he just went back inside and left it at guest services.
I was called in from carts to do a carry out of patio furniture for a guest. 15-20 minutes go by. I walked back in and the guest was editing photos at the Photo desk. She said it would be another 20 minutes. I told her just tell guest service when she was ready to pick up her item. I get called back in and take it out, and the guest pulls up in a little sports coupe. Nothing big enough to haul the huge box or to even break it down.

She ended up having get a refund and put it on hold till she got a bigger vehicle.

A few of us who are car people know to ask, because that patio set will not fit in your S2000. My favorite is they have a huge SUV crammed with car seats and strollers and wonder why it won't fit?

I once had a guest ask if their patio set would fit in their Honda Civic.

We had a guest in her 40-50's (guessing) walking into our store carrying a toaster oven to return it that got hit by a running deer. That was over a year ago, but it happened. She looked shell shocked when she came in to process the return. She was shaking from the stress. After she told me about it I grabbed my walkie: "Code Green at Guest Service. Code Green at Guest Service." She was okay though. I've heard of a car hitting a deer, but never a deer in broad daylight slamming into a guest just outside our front doors,

We had a guest in her 40-50's (guessing) walking into our store carrying a toaster oven to return it that got hit by a running deer. That was over a year ago, but it happened. She looked shell shocked when she came in to process the return. She was shaking from the stress. After she told me about it I grabbed my walkie: "Code Green at Guest Service. Code Green at Guest Service." She was okay though. I've heard of a car hitting a deer, but never a deer in broad daylight slamming into a guest just outside our front doors,

So that's what a 'Code Green' is.

A guest bought a picnic table. DPCI: 009-00-0400. Yeah, it's the giant one. The cart attendant was waiting outside for 15 minutes in the snow and they still hadn't showed up, so he just went back inside and left it at guest services.
I was called in from carts to do a carry out of patio furniture for a guest. 15-20 minutes go by. I walked back in and the guest was editing photos at the Photo desk. She said it would be another 20 minutes. I told her just tell guest service when she was ready to pick up her item. I get called back in and take it out, and the guest pulls up in a little sports coupe. Nothing big enough to haul the huge box or to even break it down.

She ended up having get a refund and put it on hold till she got a bigger vehicle.

A few of us who are car people know to ask, because that patio set will not fit in your S2000. My favorite is they have a huge SUV crammed with car seats and strollers and wonder why it won't fit?

:facepalm:

A store in our area actually had a deer run into the building and run around.

I wonder if that's where our "Reindeer Run" video is from. :D

I wonder if that's where our "Reindeer Run" video is from. :D

Not the deer that came through our sister store, but hilarious all the same:

We have coyotes hanging out near our store in a field...scares a lot of us but just makes our cart attendant sad he doesn't have his gun with him. The other night we had a big raccoon hanging around one of the doors before closing. I told that cart attendant to stay the hell away from it, which he blessedly did.

Ugh...I'll never forget last Christmas return season behind guest services. The guy not only made me take his stuff out of the bag, but made me unwrap the present that was still wrapped, as well. When I unwrapped it to discover I was holding a gun, I was not impressed. I simply handed back to him and told him to try Walmart.

Ugh...I'll never forget last Christmas return season behind guest services. The guy not only made me take his stuff out of the bag, but made me unwrap the present that was still wrapped, as well. When I unwrapped it to discover I was holding a gun, I was not impressed. I simply handed back to him and told him to try Walmart.
WHAT?! What kind of gun, a fake one? Why would he make you unwrap it?! What?! I'm pretty sure if I were brain dead like most of the guests that do these kinds of things I still would not understand the point of this ordeal...

I had several incidents of guys driving around exposing them selves to guests, one worked in another store in the mall and was tracked down by his victim.

Had a group of teenagers attempt to carjack my wife who was waiting to pick me up but she wouldn't roll down the window when they asked what time it is and they moved on to another guest who then got carjacked. The subjects got picked up across the street at a sea food restaurant.

Had a homeless guy with neo Nazi tattoos all over his body passed out on a garbage can at close and when the LOD and I couldn't wake him we called the police who when they got the guy up he immediately wanted a hug, he was taken away by ambulance due to how intoxicated he was.

Had two women crash their car into a light pole with noting else in sight at night and then promptly leave the car and got into a waiting taxi leaving the car which the police found in the morning and had it towed.

Had another TPS crash a segway in front of a guest while show boating. I also once chased down a women who was taking for of our electric scooter with the segway.

Depending on the MY of the civic, that may or may not work.

Mine's a 2008 and i could probably fit damn near anything target sells in it.

Jeep Cherokee the XJ, not the excuse for an SUV they call the new Cherokee.. If it don't fit, I can tow it or just crawl over it for fun..

I love it when a giant SUV parks in front of the cart bay doors. Almost every day I have to walk up and knock on their window and politely ask them to move so I can bring a row of carts in. I can understand it if it's a simple return, or a quick buy on occasion, but it happens all the time. Why do they feel entitled to parking their car in the front of the store like they're royalty?

giant SUV parks in front of the cart bay doors.

you can borrow my cart and tell them where to go
DB_big-shopping-cart.jpg

I love it when a giant SUV parks in front of the cart bay doors. Almost every day I have to walk up and knock on their window and politely ask them to move so I can bring a row of carts in. I can understand it if it's a simple return, or a quick buy on occasion, but it happens all the time. Why do they feel entitled to parking their car in the front of the store like they're royalty?

Whatever happened to "no parking in the fire lane"?

Whatever happened to "no parking in the fire lane"?

Call the non emergency line of your local PD lol.

Had a guest walk into my vehicle today because she was texting and not paying attention to where she was going. I wasn't moving, I was still parked and she walked right into the rear end of my SUV!!!

I would love that to happen.. My truck will hurt you.. Not a soft corner or bumper on it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back